Barbara Ferrer is an accomplished Real Estate Lending attorney. She represents institutional lenders and investors in all aspects of real estate-secured and asset-based loans, including construction loans, factoring arrangements, public-private financing, mezzanine financing, low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and affordable housing equity, and debt financing. She also represents clients in the acquisition, disposition, financing and development of large-scale commercial real estate projects.
- Represents lenders and investors in connection with complex co-lender agreements at securitized, non-securitized and multiple mezzanine capital stack levels, in all industry sectors, including office buildings, hotels, regional shopping malls and multi-family housing.
- Represented developer of multi-family housing in the acquisition, disposition, development and construction of projects throughout Florida.
- Represented national lender in connection with loans for the acquisition, rehabilitation and construction of low-income (LIHTC) housing projects.
- Represented lender in connection with a multi-million dollar syndicated loan for the acquisition, development and construction of a mixed-used project (retail and multi-family housing) on land leased from the City of Miami.
- Represented national lender in connection with a multi-million dollar syndicated loan for the construction of transit oriented project, “Douglas Link”.
- Represented national lender in syndicated “gap” financing transaction for the 826/836 Expressway expansion.
- Represented international lender in connection with a multi-million dollar syndicated loan for the construction of a mixed-use project (retail and multi-family housing) on Biscayne Blvd.
- Represented bank in connection with a multi-million dollar loan for the acquisition and re-development of Riviera Plaza in Coral Gables.
- Represented lender in the structuring and closing of a participation for the construction of Met Square in downtown Miami.
- Represented lender in the structuring and closing of a multi-million dollar loan for the acquisition, redevelopment and conversion to private housing of a government owned housing community located in Key West, Florida.
- Represented client in the preparation of an unsolicited proposal summited to Miami-Dade Community College for the development of land in downtown Miami.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2015-Present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2015
- Latin Builders Association, 2012-Present
- Cuban American Bar Association, 1999-Present
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Miami, 1999-Present
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1997-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Top Lawyer, 2013-2018, 2020
- Up and Comer, 2009-2010, 2012
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2016
- Chambers USA, Real Estate, 2012-2015
- Daily Business Review, Dealmaker of the Year, 2010
Publications & Presentations
In the Media:
Senior-level hires and promotions for the week of Jan. 13, 2019
Miami Herald|January 2020
Stearns Weaver Miller Expands Statewide Lending Practice