Barbara Ferrer is very able to get deals done for clients.
- Chambers USA 2022
Barbara J. Ferrer is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate Department and Banking and Finance group. Barbara’s extensive experience in real estate, with a focus on development work, has enabled her to represent buyers, sellers, lenders and developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, construction and disposition of various large-scale commercial real estate projects. She also represents institutional lenders in all aspects of real estate-secured and asset-based loans, including construction loans, factoring arrangements, public-private financing, low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and affordable housing equity, and debt financing. Barbara is also serving as national outside general counsel for AHS Residential, LLC.
- Represent national multi-family developer in all aspects of its real estate business across several States, including the acquisition, disposition, ground lease, development and construction of large-scale projects.
- Represented national lender in connection with loans for the acquisition, rehabilitation and construction of low-income (LIHTC) housing projects.
- Represented lender in connection with a multi-million dollar syndicated loan for the acquisition, development and construction of a mixed-used project (retail and multi-family housing) on land leased from the City of Miami.
- Represented national lender in connection with a $146 million dollar syndicated construction loan for a mixed-use, three phase, transit oriented project known as “Douglas Link”.
- Represented national lender in syndicated “gap” financing transaction for the 826/836 Expressway expansion.
- Representation of national lender in multiple Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Tax-exempt bond financing transaction for construction and rehabilitation of public housing in the State of Florida.
- Representation of lender in $90 million dollar syndicated construction loan for the redevelopment of land and construction of a Marriott hotel and timeshare project located in Florida.
- Representation of lender in connection with multiple credit facilities, the proceeds of which were used to finance the expansion, including purchase of infrastructure assets, of a national major telecommunications company.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2015-Present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2015
- Latin Builders Association, 2012-Present
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), 1999-Present
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Miami, 1999-Present
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1997-Present
- Chambers USA, Real Estate (South Florida), 2012-2015, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Top Lawyer, 2013-2018, 2020
- Up and Comer, 2009-2010, 2012
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2016
- Daily Business Review, Dealmaker of the Year, 2010
Publications & Presentations
Bill Would Make Public-Private Projects Easier
Daily Business Review|March 2016
Commercial and Middle Market Banking Roundtable
Risk Management Association (RMA)|June 2015
29 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 11 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2023
28 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 12 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2022
In the Media:
Shareholder Brings Lending Experience To Stearns Weaver
In the Media:
Senior-level hires and promotions for the week of Jan. 13, 2019
Miami Herald|January 2020
Stearns Weaver Miller Expands Statewide Lending Practice