Barbara Ferrer is very able to get deals done for clients.
- Chambers USA 2022
Barbara J. Ferrer is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate Department and Banking and Finance group. Barbara’s extensive experience in real estate, with a focus on development work, has enabled her to represent buyers, sellers, lenders and developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, construction and disposition of various large-scale commercial real estate projects. She also represents institutional lenders in all aspects of real estate-secured and asset-based loans, including construction loans, factoring arrangements, public-private financing, low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and affordable housing equity, and debt financing. Barbara is also serving as national outside general counsel for AHS Residential, LLC.
- Represent national multi-family developer in all aspects of its real estate business across several States, including the acquisition, disposition, ground lease, development and construction of large-scale projects.
- Represented national lender in connection with loans for the acquisition, rehabilitation and construction of low-income (LIHTC) housing projects.
- Represented lender in connection with a multi-million dollar syndicated loan for the acquisition, development and construction of a mixed-used project (retail and multi-family housing) on land leased from the City of Miami.
- Represented national lender in connection with a $146 million dollar syndicated construction loan for a mixed-use, three phase, transit oriented project known as “Douglas Link”.
- Represented national lender in syndicated “gap” financing transaction for the 826/836 Expressway expansion.
- Representation of national lender in multiple Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Tax-exempt bond financing transaction for construction and rehabilitation of public housing in the State of Florida.
- Representation of lender in $90 million dollar syndicated construction loan for the redevelopment of land and construction of a Marriott hotel and timeshare project located in Florida.
- Representation of lender in connection with multiple credit facilities, the proceeds of which were used to finance the expansion, including purchase of infrastructure assets, of a national major telecommunications company.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, 2015-Present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2015
- Latin Builders Association, 2012-Present
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), 1999-Present
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Miami, 1999-Present
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1997-Present
- Chambers USA, Real Estate (South Florida), 2012-2015, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Top Lawyer, 2013-2018, 2020
- Up and Comer, 2009-2010, 2012
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2016
- Daily Business Review, Dealmaker of the Year, 2010
Publications & Presentations
28 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 12 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2022
In the Media:
Shareholder Brings Lending Experience To Stearns Weaver
In the Media:
Senior-level hires and promotions for the week of Jan. 13, 2019
Miami Herald|January 2020
Stearns Weaver Miller Expands Statewide Lending Practice