One of the go-to names in leasing…goal-oriented in every aspect of practice.
- Chambers USA 2020
George A. Pincus is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department and is a former member of the Firm’s Board of Directors. As a transactional real estate lawyer, his practice focuses on the following areas:
- Office, industrial, retail and build-to-suit leasing, representing both landlords and tenants. As part of his leasing practice, George advises clients in the pharmaceutical and life/bio sciences industries, including for profit businesses and private educational institutions, leasing both laboratory and pharma processing facilities. George also negotiates ground leases for long term development projects and public private (PPP) transactions.
- Purchase and sale transactions for both buyers and sellers of office, industrial, retail, multifamily and vacant/developable land projects. George also drafts and negotiates membership interest purchase agreements for transfer of membership interests in real estate owning entities for both primary and secondary market transactions.
- Real estate finance transactions, with an emphasis on representing borrowers and developers in construction loans, term loans and refinancings with banks and life lenders, CMBS loans from securitized lenders, and multifamily loans from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Real estate private equity transactions, including the formation of real estate investment funds and representing developers and equity investors in the negotiation of joint venture agreements and development services agreements.
- Real estate development matters, including the drafting and negotiation of reciprocal easement and operating agreements for office and industrial parks and retail shopping centers, easement and restrictive covenant agreements.
- Loan workouts, forbearance agreements and debt restructurings for commercial real estate borrowers in bank, life lender, CMBS, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage loans.
- Distressed debt transactions involving the purchase of defaulted mortgage loans from lenders and special servicers.
George has been actively involved in NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association for many years and has served in a variety of leadership positions in NAIOP’s local, state and national organizations. He has published articles on commercial leasing topics and teaches continuing education classes and webinars sponsored by the Florida Bar, NAIOP, and other real estate professional organizations on commercial leasing, real estate transactions, finance and development.
With depth of experience in representing landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, developers, borrowers, funds and investors in real estate and real estate related private equity transactions, George is a solution-driven attorney who recognizes the importance of closing deals for his clients.
- Coordinate the national leasing program for one of the world’s largest collectors and processors of blood plasma products, including negotiation of leases for plasma collection centers, logistics centers and laboratory space. George also represented the company in the negotiation of both a 150,000 square foot corporate headquarters lease and a 44,000 square foot divisional headquarters lease.
- George and his team represent the owner of a 600,000 square foot LEED Platinum, Class "A" office building in downtown Miami, Florida, and have completed numerous lease transactions for the landlord, including a 60,000 square foot multi-floor lease with a national private banking institution, a 20,000 square foot lease with a regional law firm, and a 15,000 square foot lease with an international banking company.
- Represented the landlord in the negotiation of a 150,000 square foot lease with an international law firm, a 60,000 square foot lease with an international accounting firm, and a 25,000 square foot lease with a national law firm in a downtown Miami, Florida mixed use project.
- Represented a private educational institution as tenant in an 80,000 square foot lab space lease in a specialty bio-sciences building in a new life sciences park in Miami, Florida.
- Represented the Landlord in leasing a block of luxury apartments to Sonder for an extended stay hotel arrangement in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Represented a bio-pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a lease for 105,000 square feet of space in a life sciences project in Waltham, MA including a BSL-3 designated lab space.
- Represented a developer of a hotel/conference center project in the long term ground lease, development and operating agreement for property located at a Florida University System campus.
Purchase, Sale and Financing Transactions
- Represented the Seller in the disposition of a distressed multi-family construction project in Doral, Florida by way of a membership interest sale for $65 million.
- Represented the Seller in the $350 million sale of membership interests in a downtown Miami, Florida office building involving the sale of multiple tiers of membership interests and REIT shares, and the reinvestment by the Seller in the acquiring entity in a new joint venture to own and operate the project.
- Represented the Borrower in the $50 million refinancing of a distressed loan for a hotel project in Westchester County, NY, including a CPAC Loan for energy efficient infrastructure at the project.
- Represented the Developer Partner in the sale of its membership interests to its Investor Partner in a newly completed luxury apartment tower in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, valued at over $260 million.
- Represented the seller in the disposition of a portfolio of four multifamily apartment projects in Nashville, Tennessee for $69 million, which required the defeasance of three mortgage loans.
- Represented a real estate opportunity fund in the purchase and Fannie Mae mortgage financing of a $25 million multifamily apartment project in Tampa, Florida.
- Represented a real estate opportunity fund in a series of office building purchases and related mortgage financings in South Florida in excess of $100 million.
- Represented the developer in the negotiation of a joint venture agreement and development services agreement and the construction loan for a ground up multifamily apartment complex in Broward County, Florida valued at over $65 million.
- Represented a Florida based private equity fund in the acquisition of and related mortgage financing of a $9 million shopping center in Orlando, Florida.
- Represented the developer in a $250 million construction loan for a mixed use office, hotel and retail project in downtown Miami, Florida.
- Represented a joint venture between a pension fund sponsored private equity fund and a Florida-based capital fund in the acquisition and financing of office and retail properties in excess of $100 million in value.
- Represented the borrower in the restructuring of a $65 million mortgage loan, encumbering 12 multifamily properties in 6 different states to permit the debt to be sold in the CMBS markets.
Private Equity and Joint Ventures
- Represented a Florida Developer is a series of joint venture transactions with a major institutional investor for the development of market rate multifamily projects, including a $260 million project in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, a $65 million project in Plantation, Florida and a planned project in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Handled the formation of a Florida-based private equity fund and the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of office buildings for the fund.
- Represented the equity investor in a joint venture for the development and construction of a Brickell Avenue luxury condominium project.
Professional & Community Involvement
- National Association of Industries and Office Properties (NAIOP), Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Board of Directors, Past Member Delegate
- Past Vice President for Legislative Affairs and Past Present, NAIOP of Florida
- Past President and Past Vice President Public Affairs, NAIOP of South Florida
- National Committees on Tax & Finance and Continuing Education
- Forum on Life Sciences and Health Care Real Estate Development
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property and Probate Law Section’s Committee on Landlord/Tenant Law
- Executive Board of Directors - Miami Dolphins Cycling Challenge 2010– 2017
- Provide pro bono legal advice to and assist in the organization of a 140-mile charity bicycle ride sponsored by the Miami Dolphins’ charitable foundation
- Completed 140-mile bike rides through Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties to raise money for University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chambers USA, Real Estate (South Florida), 2014-2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007; 2010-2011
- Florida Trend Magazine - Legal Elite, 2007
- South Florida Business Journal - Best of the Bar Award, 2005
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Publications & Presentations
NAIOP COVID-19 Challenges: How to Approach Your Mortgage Lender
NAIOP COVID-19: Liability and Insurance Considerations for CRE Building Owners
Chasing Yield: Thinking Outside the Box in a Risk-Reward Environment
FSU Real Estate Network’s 22nd Annual Real Estate Trends Conference|October 2016
Client Meet and Greet
Stearns Weaver Miller Fort Lauderdale Office|September 2008
29 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 11 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2023
28 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 12 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2022
29 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 12 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2021
In the Media:
Can't Pay Rent During COVID-19? Here's How to Negotiate
In the Media:
Breaking Up With Your Landlord Is Hard to Do
Bloomberg Businessweek|May 2020
24 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 12 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2020
21 Stearns Weaver Miller Attorneys, 10 Practice Areas Ranked in Chambers USA 2019
23 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 10 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2018