Susan Bennett is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department and member of the Firm's Board of Directors. Susan has extensive experience in title insurance issues and in advising financial institutions and developers in complex real estate and syndicated real estate loan transactions.
- Representation of financial institution in the sale of a portfolio of more than fifty properties including branches, buildings and operations centers.
- Representation of lead financial institution in the syndicated construction financing of a mixed-use project in Atlanta, Georgia containing a regional shopping center, restaurants, movie theater and high-rise residential units.
- Representation of several financial institutions in the syndicated construction financing of high-rise residential condominium projects throughout Florida.
- Representation of several financial institutions in connection with construction and permanent financing of multi-family residential projects.
- Representation of several financial institutions in connection with construction and permanent financing of regional shopping centers located in Florida, Texas, California, Georgia and Virginia.
- Representation of several financial institutions in connection with construction and permanent financing of retail shopping centers and single-user retail projects.
- Representation of several financial institutions in the restructuring of financial obligations, including modifications, work-outs, forbearances, disposition and deed-in-lieu transactions.
Professional & Community Involvement
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Tampa Bay
- Greater Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Leadership Tampa Bay, Member
- Leadership St. Petersburg, Member
- Real Estate Investment Council, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Tampa Bay Chapter, Member
- Florida Bankers Association
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007, 2011
- Florida Real Estate Journal, Top Women in Florida Commercial Real Estate, 2006
- CREW (Tampa Bay) Networking Award, 2004
- CREW (Tampa Bay) Deal of the Year Award, 2003
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell