Our Insurance Group helps clients navigate the complex business and legal issues inherent in matters relating to insurance. Our practical experience and extensive contacts within the industry enable us to advocate our clients’ positions effectively in commercial transactions involving insurance, as well as disputes concerning insured claims – whether in negotiations, litigation, arbitration, or administrative proceedings.
We have helped insureds successfully prosecute insurance claims in a variety of contexts, ranging from property damage during and after construction, to delays in completion, business interruption, commercial liability, and a myriad of other specialized coverages. We also frequently defend insureds against claims for which coverage exists under director’s and officer’s liability policies, errors and omissions policies, and other insurance agreements.
Our Firm has also represented all types of insurance-related entities, including property and casualty insurance companies, life and health insurance companies, insurance agencies, premium finance companies, and intermediaries. We have even worked extensively with the Florida Department of Insurance on a variety of matters.
- Administrative Litigation & Appeals
- Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Government Affairs – Legislative & Executive/Cabinet & Agency
- Government Investigations & Audits
- Government Contracts & Procurement
- Insurance Company Formation & Licensing
- Insurance Company Supervision, Rehabilitation & Liquidation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes and Defense of Insurer-Filed Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Insurance Defense
- Licensure & Discipline
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Regulatory Filings & Compliance
- Rulemaking & Rule Challenges
- Reinsurance Disputes
- Tax Issues
Litigator Sharon Carlstedt Britton Joins Stearns Weaver Miller in Tampa
Recovering from Hurricanes Irma and Maria | How can we help?
Stearns Weaver Miller News Update |September 2017|Reggie L. Bouthillier, Matthew W. Buttrick, Peter Desiderio, Robert S. Turk