Stearns Weaver Miller serves many clients in the transportation industry on issues related to litigation, land use, government affairs, transactions, cargo loss and regulatory compliance. Our clients include developers, airport tenants, municipalities near airports, air carriers, aviation entrepreneurs, fixed-based operators, aircraft dealers, aviation repair stations, international airlines, pilot training academies, businesses involved in inter-modal transportation, and other concerns related to transportation.
In addition to assisting our transportation clients with issues inherent to the industry, we also assist with a wide array of employment law issues. We have represented several of these clients before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and in both federal and state courts on many types of employment-related claims, such as wage and hour issues, employment discrimination and non-compete agreements.
We also assist land developers and infrastructure and utility providers in undertaking Public-Private Partnerships (P3) that provide the public with benefits that governments alone would not be able to provide.
- Administrative Litigation & Appeals
- Government Affairs - Legislative & Executive/Cabinet & Agency
- Government Contracts & Procurement
- Government Investigations & Audits
- Land Use & Environmental
- Licensure & Discipline
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Motor Carrier Act/Carmack Amendment, Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, and Air Shipments/Warsaw Convention
- Purchase, Sale & Financing of Aircraft and Vessels
- Railway Labor Act
Our attorneys have comprehensive experience litigating under the Railway Labor Act. For example, we have counseled and represented airline carriers in connection with their rights and responsibilities under the Railway Labor Act, including the following:
- Challenges to carriers’ rights to change or interpret the "status quo" with respect to rates of pay, rules and working conditions
- National Mediation Board proceedings, including adjudication of "carrier" status and representation issues
- Regulatory Filings & Compliance
- Rulemaking & Rule Challenges
- Sales & Use Tax Audits & Disputes
- State & Local Taxation
- Sunshine Law & Open Government Laws
Miami Transit & Development Outlook
FIU College of Business's Real Estate Alumni Affinity Council (REAAC) |January 2015