Paul George represents domestic and international clients in general corporate and transactional matters.
Areas of Concentration
- Complex lending
- Friendly and hostile mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and “spin-offs”
- Private Equity
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering compliance, policies and look-backs
Paul is a certified public accountant (CPA). Prior to joining the firm, he worked as an associate in the financial services department of a global law firm. He also previously practiced corporate tax consulting and compliance at a Big Four accounting firm in Miami.
- Represented M/C Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm, in a significant growth investment in Celito, a communications and managed services provider based in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Represented Lincoln Road Global Management on its acquisition of Zodega Landscaping, a provider of full-service landscaping and lawn care services in Texas
- Advised three New York-based private equity funds in connection with the amendment and restatement of a syndicated revolving credit facility with total lender commitments in an aggregate amount of $1.3 billion
- Represented New York Green Bank (NYGB) in connection with the construction financing of Wildflower Farms, a 65-room, energy-efficient hotel in Gardiner, New York; the construction was also financed by CleanFund Commercial PACE Capital Inc., marking NYGB's first investment alongside a C-PACE capital provider
- Represented a Cayman Islands exempted limited partnership in connection with a revolving credit facility up to $70 million with a bank headquartered in Santa Clara, California
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a premium cigar manufacturer in its acquisition by one of the largest cigar manufacturers in the world
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leader in electric vehicle (EV) charging station installation and EV infrastructure servicing
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Beth Bloom of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida