Eric Solomon is a Shareholder in the Corporate & Securities Department. His practice focuses on public company reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Securities Act of 1933, private placement and other capital raising transactions and mergers and acquisitions. Eric also represents companies with respect to corporate governance issues and other general corporate matters, including: drafting and advising clients with respect to a broad range of commercial contracts such as subscription agreements, employment agreements, distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, partnership agreements, operating agreements and escrow agreements.
Prior to joining Stearns Weaver Miller, Eric worked for a prominent law firm in New York where he represented leading corporations in the pharmaceutical and wireless telecommunications industries in connection with antitrust investigations of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Represented BH3 Asset Management LLC in connection with the acquisition and financing of a beachfront hotel in Hillsboro Beach, Florida.
- Represented community bank in its issuance of preferred stock to the United States Treasury under the Small Business Lending Fund.
- Represented multiple real estate funds in private placement transactions of up to $75 million.
- Represented publicly traded holding company in the acquisition of its publicly traded real estate subsidiary for approximately $50 million of consideration consisting of the holding company’s stock.
- Represented multiple publicly traded companies in follow-on and subscription rights offerings of up to $50 million.
- Represented local restaurant operator and franchisor in private placement transaction involving stock and warrants.
- Represented multiple publicly traded companies in matters relating to their listing on the New York Stock Exchange and other securities exchanges.
- Represented publicly traded life sciences company in a $30 million PIPE transaction involving stock and warrants.
- Represented publicly traded healthcare company in the acquisition of a conglomerate of local companies for approximately $70 million of consideration consisting of cash and stock.
- Represented publicly traded savings and loan holding company in the sale of its broker-dealer subsidiary for approximately $150 million of consideration consisting of cash, stock and warrants.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Charter and Ordinance Committee, Town of Bay Harbor Islands
Stearns Weaver Miller Promotes Three Attorneys to Shareholder