John M. Fox-Snider is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department. John handles a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, financing, construction, development and leasing of properties. John represents sellers and buyers in purchase and sale transactions involving vacant land, office buildings, development agreements, construction contracts and sale and lease-back transactions. His leasing experience includes the representation of landlords and tenants in office, industrial and retail lease negotiations, including multi-tenant and single-user premises. John also has represented lenders and borrowers in construction and permanent financing transactions.
- Representation of various national retail tenants, including publicly-traded “big box” retail tenants, in the nation-wide leasing of premises in regional shopping centers, strip centers, power centers, malls and single-user sites as well as for supply chain and distribution center warehouse sites.
- Representation of cinema tenant in the nation-wide leasing of premises within mixed-use projects.
- Representation of international retail company in the sale and lease back of portfolios of multiple store locations.
- Representation of regional mall landlord for negotiation of leases to national tenants.
- Representation of owners and tenants to negotiate design professional agreements with architects and engineers and to negotiate construction contracts, such as stipulated sum, cost plus fee and design-build contracts.
- Representation of lender in negotiations of sale of various notes, mortgages, and other loan documents.
- Representation of tenant in negotiation of a build-to-suit lease agreement for a 625,000 square foot world headquarters facility.
- Representation of company in sale and leaseback of its corporate headquarters.
- Representation of retail company in negotiation of contracts to acquire land and construct a one million square foot regional distribution center.
- Representation of biotech REIT in negotiation of a development agreement and purchase option for a 40,000 square foot laboratory and office building.
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of an office building and assumption of existing mortgage debt.
- Representation of seller in negotiation of the sale of warehouse/industrial buildings.
- Representation of landlord in negotiation of office space leases for a 240,000 square foot office building complex.
- Representation of private equity group in acquisition of real estate related transactions.
- Handled real estate aspects of various corporate merger and acquisition transactions, including transactions involving multi-state properties.
Professional & Community Involvement
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
Publications & Presentations
Three Senior Attorneys from Proskauer Rose Join Firm