David Messinger is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department. David is experienced in representing borrowers and lenders in commercial real estate transactions including acquisition, development and construction financing. David is also experienced with acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate and loan restructuring and workouts. David has represented landlords and tenants in the negotiation of office, retail and industrial leases. He has also represented affordable housing developers in the acquisition, construction and rehabilitation of multifamily apartment projects and bankruptcy trustees in their disposition of real property.
Prior to becoming a transactional attorney, David was a commercial litigator with a national law firm based in San Francisco.
- Represented a joint venture between Duncan Hillsley Capital and Pebb Enterprises in its acquisition of Ocean Mall, a shopping center in Riviera Beach, Florida, and the financing for the acquisition. The center comprises several low-rise ocean-front buildings on leased land owned by the City of Riviera Beach.
- Represented developer of Met Miami, a four city block project in downtown Miami, Florida, in construction loan transactions, leases and disposition transactions (including sales of airspace parcels).
- Served as Florida counsel for lender in a $400 million loan transaction for the construction of a multi-property hotel resort and convention center adjacent to Walt Disney World.
- Represented national hospitality company in syndicated loan transactions for the construction and refinance of various Florida hotel resorts.
- Represented owner of 250,000 square foot office building in Miramar, Florida in various lease transactions.
- Represented owner of a Publix-anchored shopping center in Hialeah, Florida in $24 million sale transaction.
- Represented hotel company in the acquisition, disposition and refinancing of hotels located throughout the United States.
- Represented multi-tenant shopping center owners in various CMBS loan refinance transactions.
- Represented Tampa based developer in the acquisition and development of various multifamily projects financed with low income housing credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code, housing bonds issued by state and local housing finance authorities and HUD-insured mortgage loans.
- Represented bankruptcy trustees and creditors in various real estate purchase and sale transactions involving golf course communities, shopping centers, vacant land and residential properties pursuant to Section 363 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented developers in lease transactions with various national, regional and local tenants including major national grocery store chains and national telecommunications companies.
- Represented tenants in leases at Bal Harbour Shops, Brickell City Centre, Sawgrass Mills Mall, and Aventura Mall.
- Represented lender in a $70 million loan for the construction of a 1.8 million square foot logistics and distribution facility located in Moreno Valley, California occupied by a major athletic footwear company.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and development of land in Napa, California for luxury resort hotel.
- Represented condominium developer in the acquisition and conversion of several rental communities in Pinellas County, Florida.
- Served as Florida counsel for the owner of the Four Seasons Tower in downtown Miami in various building refinance transactions.
- Represented major Florida bank in the negotiation of various branch leases.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Leadership Miami, 2007-2008