Coral del Mar López focuses her practice on commercial business litigation, representing clients in class actions, arbitrations, and single-plaintiff actions in multiple jurisdictions. She has litigated a wide variety of disputes in state and federal courts, including matters involving general business concerns, financial services, commercial and residential foreclosures, and leasing disputes, unfair competition and false advertising, corporate control and partnership disputes, state attorney general actions and government investigations, and construction defects.
- Represented department store chain in consumer protection lawsuit by California Attorney General’s Office and defeated a bet-the-company preliminary injunction request alleging false advertisement and unfair competition law violations.
- Secured dismissal of claims against nationwide mortgage lender of home loans for alleged violations of Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act (RESPA), Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), and other claims in jurisdictions across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Secured dismissal of claims against business debt restructuring servicers for alleged intentional interference with contractual relations and unfair competition claims.
- Defended leading manufacturer of water quality solutions in multiple product liability litigation matters related to the company’s plumbing and water control products and solutions.
- Secured dismissal of claims against national manufacturing company in a price fixing and market allocation antitrust class action.
- Represented manufacturer of commercial facade systems and residential doors and windows in litigation involving Millennium Tower, a high-rise luxury residential development in San Francisco.
- Defended one of the nation’s leading wealth management firms in FINRA-related proceedings and defeated a motion to compel arbitration in the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented multinational industrial minerals company in various jurisdictions in product liability matters.
- Secured Special Immigrant Juvenile Status for three unaccompanied minors in separate proceedings.
- Represented unaccompanied minors seeking asylum in immigration court and USCIS proceedings.
- Negotiated settlement in unlawful detainer and leasing dispute case erasing clients’ $7,800 debt in past rents due.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Gustavo A. Gelpí, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico (presently United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit)
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Steven Bromberg, Superior Court of California, Orange County
Professional & Community Involvement
- Miami-Dade Urban Debate League (MDUDL), Board Member
- Board Member, University of California Irvine School of Law Latina/o Law Student Association, 2014-2015
- University of California Irvine School of Law
- Civil Rights Litigation Clinic, 2015
- Environmental Law Clinic, 2014
- Orange County Legal Aid Society Workers’ Rights Clinic, 2013-2014
- Orange County Domestic Violence Clinic, 2013-2015
- University of Florida NCAA Swimming and Diving Division I Team, 2006-2010
- NCAA National Champions, 2010
- SEC Champions, 2009
- Puerto Rican National Swimming Team
- 13th FINA World Championships, 2009
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2023-Present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2022-Present
- Super Lawyers, Southern California Rising Star, 2019
- Wally Davis Memorial Scholarship, Orange County Bar Association, 2014-2015
- 2nd Place in Rule of Law Writing Competition, Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2015
Publications & Presentations
In the Media:
Stearns Weaver Names 11 New Shareholders Across Fla.
Stearns Weaver Miller Names 11 New Shareholders
In the Media:
DOI Looks To Ax Suit Over Tribe's Fla. Sports Betting Permit
In the Media:
Negocios demandan por $28 millones a Miami por "acoso" y "pérdidas millonarias"
Diario Las Americas|October 2021
In the Media:
Calle Ocho Restaurants Allege City of Miami Shut Them Down With Intimidation: Stearns Weaver Repping Plaintiffs
Daily Business Review|October 2021