Chelsea is a trial attorney having done over 35 jury trials and over 50 nonjury trials in both civil and criminal matters in the last 10 years. She represents clients regarding the full gamut of complex commercial matters in state and federal court. Her experience spans a wide range of business disputes including contract claims, Shareholder disputes, fraud, business torts, regulatory matters, estates and trusts litigation, commercial loan foreclosure, real estate litigation, and employment litigation. She also counsels clients involved in government investigations and white-collar criminal cases.
Chelsea started her career as an Assistant State Attorney in Broward County, Florida. From there, and prior to joining the Firm, Chelsea was an associate in an Am Law 50 law firm, where she gained extensive eDiscovery and eRetention experience, using technology-assisted review (TAR) to manage large-scale litigation efficiently and effectively. In addition to her litigation practice, Chelsea is a member of the Firm’s Diversity Committee.
- Second Chair to Gene Stearns for 2-week jury trial in defense of various companies under the Sigma Plastics Group on fraudulent inducement, breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud, and conspiracy claims. Obtained directed verdict on liability and damages at the close of evidence presented to the jury in Broward County.
- Lead trial counsel on behalf of Benihana restaurant in defense of employment discrimination and retaliation claims. Obtained full defense verdict after a 4-day jury trial in Broward County.
- Represented BankUnited in a loan default action and in defense of breach of fiduciary duty counterclaims. Obtained 35 million dollar judgment on behalf of BankUnited on summary final judgment in Miami Dade County.
- Represented the RDI Corporation in prosecuting breach of contract claims and in defense of breach of contract counterclaims. Obtained million-dollar judgment on summary final judgment in the Southern District of New York.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward County, Board of Directors Executive Committee, 2021-Present
- Legal Counsel
- Greater FortLauderdale Alliance, 2019-Present
- Corporate Council, 2023
- Entrepreneurial Council, 2019-2023
- Friends of the Museum of Discovery and Science, Board Member, 2014-2019
- Board Chair, 2016-2019
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts’, 2017-Present
- Ghost Light Society, Steering Committee Member, 2017
- Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, 2018-2021
- Chair, 2020-2021
- Vice Chair, 2019-2020
- Member, 2018-2021
- Leadership Broward, Class XXXVIII, 2019
- Chair, Community Projects, 2022-Present
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XXV, 2018
- Chair, Law & Justice Day, 2020-2023
- Broward County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, 2021-Present
- Ft. Lauderdale Illustrated, Broward Top Lawyers, 2021-2023
- South Florida Business & Wealth Magazine, "Up & Comer," 2019