Stephanie Turk is an attorney in the Labor & Employment Department. She has experience in both Employment Litigation and Employment Counseling.
On the litigation side, Stephanie defends employers in a variety of employment matters including discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, and whistleblower claims. She represents clients in federal and state courts, nationwide arbitrations, and before administrative agencies including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Department of Labor (DOL), and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
On the counseling side, Stephanie advises employers on union avoidance strategies and election campaigns, the formation and dissolution of employment relationships, including the negotiation of employment, separation, and non-compete agreements, and other day-to-day employment issues.
- Law Clerk and Judicial Intern, Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter, 2017-Present
- Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Civics and Community Outreach and Law Day Committee Co-Chair, 2017-Present
- Annual Meeting and Task Force Committee Member
- Civics Liaison, 2017-Present
- Women's Initiative Group
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- National Order of the Scribes Award for Outstanding Legal Writing
- Eleventh Circuit Bankruptcy Competition, Champion
- Honorable Conrad B. Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalist
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Fraternity
- Highest Grade Award for Research and Writing I, Professional Responsibility (shared), Constitutional Law I, Pre-Trial Practice (shared)
Publications & Presentations
Stephanie Turk Elected Secretary of the South Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
In the Media:
Judges, Lawyers Bring Life Skills to Virtual Classroom Activities for Home and School
United States Courts|August 2020