Robert Walters is an Associate in the Government & Administrative group. His practice focuses on administrative litigation, civil litigation, appeals, and Florida administrative law, including regulatory compliance, licensure, administrative complaints and disciplinary proceedings, as well as election law, election compliance and non-profit association formation, compliance and management.
Robert is a former Certified Legal Intern for the Licensing Division of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, where he gained particular experience regulating and enforcing Chapter 493 licenses and Chapter 790 licenses of Florida Statutes and developed a broad base of knowledge in Florida’s Administrative Procedures Act.
Robert also has broad knowledge of the Government Affairs arena. He has ample campaign management experience and is skilled in conducting legislative bill analysis and bill drafting. He has served as Political Director, Deputy Communications Director and as Campaign Manager for U.S. House of Representatives and Congressional nominees. He was also a Legislative Intern for U.S. Senator Bill Nelson.
In addition, Robert previously served as Special Projects Coordinator at the Orange County Tax Collector’s Office, where he drafted, compiled, and lobbied on state and local issues. During the 2016 and 2017 Florida Legislative Sessions, he assisted in securing $120,000 in grants and prevented the passing of legislation that stood to have a $3-4 million impact on the Tax Collector’s Office.
Prior to joining the Firm, Robert worked as an Assistant Public Defender for the Second Judicial Circuit, where he provided representation to indigent individuals charged with criminal offenses in both misdemeanor and criminal traffic courts, and coordinated and negotiated with Assistant State Attorneys to resolve cases.
Florida Licensure, Administrative Complaints, & Disciplinary Proceedings
- Represents licensees, regulated entities and interested parties before regulatory agencies and their professional boards, the Division of Administrative Hearings, and in Florida’s circuit and appellate courts to obtain licensure and ensure compliance.
- Advises and represents clients in compliance, disciplinary and appellate matters involving Florida’s agencies and professional boards
- Represented a Qualified Organization in obtaining a reversal of a licensure denial by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
Regulatory Compliance and Association Creation and Management
- Routinely advises regulated entities and licensees in Florida regulatory compliance matters.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Robert LeBlanc, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Administrative Law Section, 2021-Present
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court, Associate, 2021-Present
- Young Democrats of Orange County, President, 2016-2017
Publications & Presentations
In the Media:
DOI Looks To Ax Suit Over Tribe's Fla. Sports Betting Permit
Stearns Weaver Miller Continues to Strengthen Tallahassee Footprint