Denay Brown is an accomplished real estate attorney, with particular experience in health care-related real estate. She routinely advises clients, including individual and corporate health care providers, on the entire spectrum of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, lending and financing, construction, and leasing of real property. Denay has extensive experience in identifying and resolving title and title insurance related issues and in advising clients in complex real estate transactions. Additionally, Denay has noteworthy familiarity working with Federally Qualified Health Centers (“FQHCs”) and federally funded community-based health care providers that service geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable populations, and is well-versed in the unique challenges and intricacies related to their needs.
Denay also regularly represents clients in corporate and limited liability company mergers and acquisitions, including transactions related to stock/membership interest and asset acquisitions and sales, mergers, and consolidations.
In addition, Denay regularly advises clients regarding entity formation and operation, contract review, general business operations, labor and employment matters, and administrative matters, including achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance, licensure issues and discipline. Prior to joining the Firm, Denay worked at a boutique firm in Tallahassee for nearly 20 years.
- Represents FQHCs, other health care providers, and other companies, buyers, and borrowers in the acquisition, disposition, financing, and construction of commercial real estate projects.
- Represents entities in corporate and LLC asset sales and acquisitions.
- Represents stock holders and members in corporate and LLC stock/membership interest transfers, sales, and acquisitions.
- Represents financial institutions in connection with acquisition, construction, and permanent financing.
- Represents clients in both the landlord and tenant roles in the negotiation of commercial lease agreements.
- Represented seller of all assets, including real property, of golf course facility.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition and financing of all assets, including real property, of private educational institution.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2011-Present
- Labor and Employment Law Section, 2011-Present
- Health Law Section, 2016-Present
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers, 2011-2019
- Guardian Ad Litem, 2009-2015
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court, 2009
Publications & Presentations
Protecting the Children: The Need for a Modern Day Balancing Test to Regulate Child Labor in International Business
20 J. TRANSNAT’L. L. & POL’Y 129|January 2010
Stearns Weaver Miller Expands Tallahassee Office Space and Offered Services
Real Estate Shareholder Denay Brown Joins Stearns Weaver Miller’s Tallahassee Office