Lisette Martinez is an associate in the Real Estate Department. Lisette focuses on affordable housing and multifamily housing for tax-exempt organizations. She represents developers in all areas of transactional real estate including the acquisition, financing, construction, rehabilitation and development of high-quality affordable housing and multifamily developments. Her practice includes assisting clients in complex financing matters involving low-income tax credits, government loan programs, and loan programs facilitated through the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. She is also experienced in representing institutional lenders in complex matters involving restructuring of assets which include project-based construction loans, term loans, and secured credit facilities. She received her J.D. from New York University School of Law, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Review of Law and Social Change, and her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Prior to joining the firm, Lisette was an associate at a large law firm in New York City.
- Negotiation and preparation of Purchase and Sale Agreements for properties for new and existing multi-family apartment buildings.
- Representation of developers and investors in all aspects of real estate development transactions that are financed with low income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code, tax-exempt bonds, grants and loans issued by federal, state and local governmental authorities, and other subsidized and conventional financing, including the negotiation of equity and loan documents.
- Representation of providers of affordable housing for new construction as well as renovation of existing housing.
- General commercial real estate practice including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey review and analysis, pre-closing due diligence and post-closing compliance issues.
- Represented Vestcor, a real estate company focused on various multifamily projects, in securing construction financing and tax credit equity for affordable communities providing affordable housing and workforce housing in the Florida Keys.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Stearns Weaver Miller Adds Seven Associates Across Five Practice Areas