Jose Sepulveda is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department. Jose also serves on the Firm’s Board of Directors. His practice focuses on complex business litigation in the state and federal courts, as well as in domestic and international arbitrations.
Jose is experienced in securities and corporate litigation, class action litigation, securities arbitrations, trade secret litigation and commercial landlord-tenant matters. He has represented clients in numerous arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
As a member of the Firm’s Latin America Practice Group, Jose has extensive experience advising clients from Latin America and U.S. clients in cross-border matters.
- Represented private financial adviser in turning a contentious Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration into the favorable acquisition of the largest privately held African American Art Collection in the world. Client became full custodian of the Montague Collection, which consists of approximately 6,000 pieces of various African American mediums of expression covering the relationship and experience of African Americans and the United States.
- Represented multi-national fruit producer during seven day ICDR arbitration, where the panel found in favor of Firm client on $16 million lost profits claim.
- Member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict following two week jury trial on claims asserted against publicly traded company and five of its officers and directors for violation of the securities laws, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation.
- Member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict following one week jury trial on claim asserted against publicly traded company and three of its officers for violation of the securities laws.
- Obtained summary judgment for multinational insurance company in successful defense of former employees’ multimillion dollar brokerage fee claim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national lender on a $20 million lender liability counterclaim asserting breach of contract, promissory estoppel, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national lender on a $27 million lender liability counterclaim asserting breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice for a brokerage firm client in a $10 million FINRA proceeding brought by an investor for alleged misconduct in connection with client’s account.
- Represented Colombian technology products company in favorable settlement of breach of contract action asserted by Argentinean supplier.
- Successfully represented Firm client in over thirty-five AAA arbitrations.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Americans for Immigrant Justice, Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- Belen Jesuit Prep. Alumni Association, Lawyers Section