Brooke Russ Perlyn is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department and a member of the Firm's Board of Directors. Brooke's practice includes all areas of transactional real estate including the financing, acquisition and development of high quality affordable housing developments and commercial real estate projects. She is also experienced in representing lenders in the origination and work out of loans.
- Represented large affordable housing developer in connection with the issuance of bonds on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Handles real estate acquisitions, loan transactions and lease work representing developers, landowners, landlords, tenants and investors.
- Representation of affordable housing developments in multi-family housing transactions financed with low income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representation of providers of affordable housing for new construction as well as renovation of existing housing.
- Representation of borrowers in bond refunding transactions.
- General commercial real estate practice including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey review and analysis, pre-closing due diligence and post-closing compliance issues.
- Conducts loan work-outs for national lender clients, including preparing loan and note modifications.
- Assisted affordable housing developer, St. John Community Development Corporation and the CDP Companies, in the closing of the development and financing for St. John Plaza, a 90-unit apartment complex in Overtown, Miami. The project was financed through multiple sources, including bonds issued by the Southeast Overtown/Park West Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and the Housing Finance Authority of Miami-Dade County.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Miami Beach JCC, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Miami Children’s Hospital Foundation
Publications & Presentations
Affordable Housing News Update, Publications:
IRS Provides Tax Relief for Low-Income Housing Credit and Bonds for Qualified Rental Projects
Stearns Weaver Miller News Update|July 2020
Missouri Estate Administration - Sales, Mortgages, Leases and Exchanges
Secrets on the Texas-Mexico Border
University of Miami Inter-American Law Review|January 2004
In the Media:
Stearns Weaver Leads Debt Placement in Israel for Developer
Daily Business Review|January 2017
Stearns Weaver Miller Promotes Five Attorneys to Shareholder