Michelle McLeod is a Shareholder in the Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on structuring, negotiating and drafting agreements relating to acquisitions, dispositions, private equity and joint venture transactions. Her experience includes general corporate and tax matters. Michelle has extensive experience representing real estate investors, operators and developers. She has a broad base of knowledge in leading complex joint venture transactions covering varied asset classes, including office, retail, residential and mixed-use properties, hotels and land development.
Michelle also has experience representing private lenders in commercial transactions and in fund formation, syndications and other strategic transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Michelle was a partner at a firm in New York that focused on real estate as well as an associate at a global law firm in Miami.
- Represented sponsor in a joint venture transaction with an institutional investor, to acquire and operate a $135M residential project.
- Represented sponsor in a joint venture transaction with an institutional investor and $120M fund formation, to acquire and operate a multi-jurisdictional portfolio of regional shopping malls.
- Represented sponsor and developer in a joint venture transaction with an institutional investor, to acquire and develop a $476M mixed-use condominium project.
- Represented investment group in a joint venture transaction with a cannabis cultivator, processor, manufacturer and retailer to conduct legal business operations in California. Thereafter represented the joint venture company in numerous growth opportunities including joint ventures with strategic partners, acquisitions and licensing, and represented the joint venture company in operational, general corporate and employment matters.
- Represented numerous real estate sponsors and developers in co-general partner joint venture transactions and in syndications to limited partners, including multi-tiered organizational structures.
- Represented numerous high-net-worth individuals and other clients in buying, selling and otherwise disposing of equity interests in corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, in relation to the acquisition and disposition of assets, including structuring tax efficient structures, and in general corporate matters.
In the Media:
Real Estate Lawyers On The Move
In the Media:
Senior-level hires and promotions in Miami-Dade, Broward for the week of Dec. 21, 2020
Miami Herald|December 2020
Michelle McLeod Joins Stearns Weaver Miller in Miami