Craig focuses on complex commercial litigation in state and federal court and in administrative law tribunals. He has represented clients at the trial and appellate levels in a wide range of commercial matters, including contract and business torts litigation; commercial loan foreclosures, nonjudicial remedies and workouts; real estate litigation; and post-judgment collection proceedings. He has been involved heavily in eDiscovery and eRetention litigation, and counsels clients in the emerging fintech and medical cannabis industries.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar judgment in favor of judgment creditor against impleaded third parties in proceedings supplementary in Destin, Florida, in case involving fraudulent transfers of accounts, stock, real property and other assets.
- Obtained summary final judgment in favor of lender in action against multiple personal guarantors of multimillion dollar construction loan for the development of an office condominium project in Orlando, Florida
- Represented investor group in workout of $29 million dollar credit facility secured by lien interests in multiple hotel and resort properties located throughout the Florida gulf coast area.
- Represented life settlement company in the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York and for the Northern District of Georgia in e-Discovery litigation involving disputes concerning the scope of discovery, the methodology for searches of electronic data, and apportioning the cost of e-Discovery between parties and third party witnesses.
- Prosecution on behalf of employers in litigation to enforce non-compete covenants and claims for damages arising from misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Represents institutional clients in commercial landlord-tenant litigation, including evictions, lease disputes and damage claims.
- Law Clerk, Honorable Barbara J. Pariente, Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal (now on the Florida Supreme Court)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Florida Bar Business Law Section
- Proceedings Supplementary Task Force
- Business Litigation Committee
- Technology Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Broward County Bar Association
- Cornell Club of Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class V
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021
Publications & Presentations
Updates on Blockchain, Fintech and Current Applications in Law
2019 Annual Florida Bar Convention|June 2019
Webinar: Introduction to Blockchain and Its Application to the Practice of Law and Litigation
Today's General Counsel|February 2019
CYBER-LENDING: Perfecting Security Interests in the New Frontier of Cryptocurrency-Backed Loans
Blockchain Magazine|July 2018
Uncollected Money Judgments Can Deliver Returns for Savvy Investors
Real Estate Finance & Investment|May 2018
Post-Judgment Proceedings and Collections
Newbie Litigator School 2015 Series|November 2015
Protect This House: Addressing Environmental Issues in Commercial Leasing (Roundtable Discussion)
ICSC Law Conference General Session|October 2015
In the Media:
Stearns Weaver Miller Scoops Up Greenberg Traurig Vet
Law 360|June 2019
Stearns Weaver Miller Adds Complex Commercial Litigator Craig S. Barnett in Fort Lauderdale