Sarah is a Shareholder in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Department. Her practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, commercial transactions, securities and compliance and corporate governance.
- During the past two years, represented companies in capital raising transactions ranging from $130,000 to $35,000,000, and in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions with transaction values ranging from $60,000 to $95,000,000.
- Represent start-ups, emerging business enterprises and entrepreneurs in all aspects of corporate law, equity and debt fund raising and financing, and acquisitions and exit strategies.
- Outside corporate and securities counsel for public companies, including periodic reporting and corporate governance.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented BBX Capital Corporation in the acquisition of IT’SUGAR for a purchase price of approximately $57 million, net of cash acquired. IT’SUGAR is the largest specialty candy retailer in the United States with 95 locations in 26 states. The acquisition expands BBX Capital’s retail confectionary footprint, which includes Hoffman’s Chocolates.
- Represented sellers in sale of privately held fund administration business to publicly traded company for $95,000,000.
- Represented principals of major Florida real estate developer in $85 million buyout of corporate partners.
- Represented European banking association in the acquisition of $1.6 billion in private banking assets in an FDIC assisted failed bank transaction.
- Represented seller in $25 million sale to private equity fund.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of national busing companies in 10 states.
- Assisted buyer in acquisition of intermodal rail businesses throughout North and Central America.
- Capital Markets
- Represented large affordable housing developer in connection with the issuance of bonds on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Represented privately held company in securing private equity firms’ $35 million investment to launch a roll-up strategy by founders for veterinary clinics.
- Borrower’s counsel to specialty finance company in connection with $100 million term, revolving and subordinated credit facilities.
- Represented medical diagnostics company in a $10 million private placement of convertible promissory notes.
- Lender’s counsel to automotive captive finance company in connection with mortgage, capital and floor plan loans across Southeastern United States.
- Investor’s counsel to angel investor group in providing venture capital financing to various businesses.
- Represented start-up life sciences company in capital raise and equity matching transaction with Florida Technology Seed Capital Fund.
- Assisted numerous public companies with SEC filings and inquiries.
- Represented public company registrant in the registration of $500 million in debt and equity securities.
- Assisted European banking association with the creation and implementation of a gap financing model used to fund various 3P construction projects.
- Represented municipality in a bond offering relating to the financing of a nuclear power plant.
- Commercial Transactions
- Represented inventor in negotiation of multiple out-licensing agreements with Florida State University.
- Represented entrepreneur in formation of holding company and corporate restructuring transactions.
- Represented athletic clothing manufacturer in formation of operating company and initial capital raise.
- Represented real estate developer in negotiation of branding agreement with European fashion house for luxury residential development.
- Assisted Florida holding company with the creation and operation of numerous Florida operating entities providing real estate and construction related services.
- Assisted telecommunications company with internal corporate reorganization and spin off of assets.
- Assisted international construction company in obtaining general contractors licenses in Florida and California and in responding to numerous requests for proposals.
- Assisted prime contractor with the drafting and negotiation of numerous subcontracts relating to the operation of highway rest areas across the State of Connecticut.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Women United, a division of the United Way of Miami-Dade, Executive Committee Member
- United Way Young Leaders
- United Way Women’s Leadership
- Voices For Children, Event Volunteer
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Cleveland Symphony Orchestra Young Professionals Group
- Summer legal intern for Lincoln Square Legal Services/West Harlem Environmental Action in New York, 2007
- Research assistant for Fordham University Law School's International Justice Clinic and clinical assistant for the school’s Community Economic Development Clinic, 2007-2008
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award Recipient, 2008
Stearns Weaver Miller Names Three New Shareholders