Marc Sternbaum is experienced in all facets of real estate and mortgage law. He regularly counsels owners, lenders and investors in all areas of transactional real estate including the acquisition, disposition, financing and development of high-quality affordable and conventional multifamily projects and retail and industrial commercial real estate projects. Marc is also an experienced title examiner.
Prior to joining the firm, Marc was of counsel in the Real Estate Department of a Miami-based business and real estate law firm.
Areas of Concentration
- Purchase, sale and leasing of retail, office, multifamily residential, industrial, warehouses, shopping centers and other commercial properties
- Representation of local, regional and national lenders in the closing of purchase money, refinance and construction and development loans.
- Preparation of condominium and homeowner association documents
- Commercial mortgage loan transactions and documentation
- Servicing mortgage loans in commercial mortgage-backed security (CMBS) pools
- Commercial leasing work on behalf of both landlords and tenants.
- Loan forbearance
- Workout agreements
- Deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure
- Loan assumptions
- Lease approvals
- Unsecured lending
- Represented a major CMBS special server in the negotiation and documentation of loan forbearances, modifications, restructurings and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure on loans totaling over $1 billion.
- Represented lender in the closing of a multi-tier mezzanine and senior mortgage loan for land acquisition and development totaling more than $96 million.
- Represented a major CMBS special servicer for the documentation and closing of a modification, recapitalization and assumption of a $210 million mortgage loan secured by a multi-building subsidized housing project in New York City.
- Represented a Canadian developer for over 13 years in its acquisition, development and sale of a 170-acre, high-density residential and commercial parcel in Miami-Dade County.
- Represented a New York based real estate joint venture for over 5 years in its disposition of a portfolio of industrial, office and mixed-use land in planned developments in Weston and Boca Raton, Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami, Former Board Member
- Melton School of Adult Jewish Studies
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated