Jennifer Stearns Buttrick is Of Counsel to the Firm and Director of Pro Bono and Community Service. Prior to taking on this role, she practiced in the Litigation Department, where she handled commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts and administrative actions in the State of Florida.
Jennifer received her undergraduate degree in Spanish and History from Florida State University and spent a semester at the University of Salamanca in Salamanca, Spain, where she developed a proficiency in Spanish.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Heart Association, Executive Leadership Team, 2010 and 2011 Heart and Stroke Ball
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Vice President, Board of Trustees
- Junior League of Miami Foundation, Board Member,
2006-2010; Board of Directors, Board Member, 2006-2007
- Lawyers for Children America, Attorney ad litem, Chair of the Regional Leadership Counsel
- New World Symphony, 2009 and 2011 It’s a Family Affair Event Chair
- The Reclamation Project, Board Member, 2008-2010
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine, Board of Governors, Founders Board, 2009 and 2011 Designed for a Cure Event Chair
- The Gordon Schools of Beth David Congregation, Past School Board Chair 2007-2008, Parents’ Association Chair 2006-2007
- Lawyers for Children America, 2010 Pro Bono Award
- Voices for Children, 2009 Corporate Leadership Award recipient
- Junior League of Miami’s Rebecca Herndon Bush Award Recipient, 2006
Publications & Presentations
In the Media:
The Miami Foundation Asked "What's Your Story?"
The Miami Foundation|November 2017
Stearns Weaver Miller Rallies its Riders for Cancer Research
Legal Services of Greater Miami (LSGMI) Launches Campaign for Justice at Miami Office