Abby also regularly advises municipalities and other public entities on constitutional law and other government affairs issues, including legal considerations associated with adaptation to the effects of climate change. And she has advised not-for-profit organizations and candidates for federal office on compliance with federal and state campaign finance laws.
Before joining the Firm, Abby served as a law clerk for the Honorable Paul C. Huck of the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida. Prior to her clerkship, she was an Associate in the Washington, D.C. office of an international law firm.
- Serves as the City of Coral Gables’ Special Counsel on First Amendment matters.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice for a large national bank in a class action lawsuit alleging millions of dollars in allegedly improperly charged overdraft fees.
- As lead counsel in a set of related federal class action lawsuits, obtained a favorable settlement for the largest commercial bank based in Florida.
- Drafted successful memoranda of law on dispositive and other key motions in a case resulting in a multimillion dollar recovery for a class of 33 Florida counties in an action to recover unpaid Tourist Development Taxes from various online travel companies (Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc).
- Drafted successful memoranda of law on dispositive and other key motions in a case resulting in a $151,250,000 recovery on behalf of a class of indirect purchasers in antitrust litigation against the country’s leading manufacturers of polyurethane foam.
- Obtained favorable settlement, and complete summary judgment on all of Defendant’s counter-claims, on behalf of multinational petroleum coke and energy trading company in litigation against two of the company’s former executives and their co-conspirators arising out of international embezzlement and product diversion scheme.
- Drafted successful memoranda of law leading to permanent injunction in trade dress action on behalf of internationally renowned manufacturer of high-end men’s shirts against infringing competitor.
- Assisted with negotiating and drafting of the NFL-NBC Sunday Night Football contract.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of First Amendment-barred contract case against historic Washington, DC church.
- The Florida Bar, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member, 2015 - present
- SAVE Dade, Board of Directors and Treasurer, 2009-2013
- Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, Georgetown Co-President, 2004-2006
- Human Rights Campaign, McCleary Law Fellow, 2005-2006
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts of the Southern District of Florida, 2016
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130