William "Bill" B. Mason is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department in the Firm’s Fort Lauderdale office. He has a broad range of experience closing various real estate transactions, including working on both national projects and on matters specific to Florida related to the acquisition, development, construction, financing, leasing & sale of commercial real estate, and has drafted & negotiated the requisite documents and agreements required to close such complex commercial transactions. Bill's practice also includes loan acquisitions, loan workouts, loan restructuring and refinancing as well as commercial leasing matters.
Commercial Acquisitions and Financing – Buyer and Borrower
- $11.9 million acquisition of two office park plazas in Tampa, Florida.
- $11.8 million loan to refinance an industrial park in Lee County, Florida.
- $10.2 million construction loan to finance a portion of the costs to construct three single-story multi-tenant flex buildings in Fort Myers, Florida.
- $10.3 million loan to finance the acquisition of a 200,000 square foot administrative building leased to Hillsborough County, Florida.
- $10.1 million acquisition of a 50,000 square foot office building located north of Atlanta, Georgia.
- $10 million acquisition of a 40 acre tract of land and negotiation of a Development Agreement with the City of Pompano for the construction of an office park.
- $9.7 million acquisition of a 7-story multi-unit residential condominium tower located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Bill represented this international client in connection with contract negotiations, review of due diligence materials, title and survey matters, zoning, and condominium and project documents.
- $9.1 million loan to refinance existing debt on a 3 acre improved site in Boca Raton, Florida. Bill's representation of the client involved the assignment of the existing financing in order to provide cost savings to the client.
- $8.9 million loan to finance the construction of a two-building office condominium complex in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- $4.3 million acquisition of 8,441 square foot restaurant building on a prime corner parcel located on historic Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- $12 million loan modification secured in part by an award winning 196,040 square foot 11-story office building in Dallas, Texas anchored by a national life insurance company.
- $10.9 million sale of a 9.3 acre site in Boynton Beach, Florida to a multinational discount department store chain.
- Represented BH3 Asset Management LLC in connection with the acquisition and financing of a beachfront hotel in Hillsboro Beach, Florida.
- $9.6 million sale of an improved 3.328 acre site located in Kennesaw, Georgia.
- $9.5 million sale of a cancer research center in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
- $9.1 million sale of a 5.87 acre site located in Superior, Wisconsin, which was encumbered by a ground lease in favor of a global overnight delivery transportation company.
Distressed Debt Resolution – Lender Representation
- Foreclosure and disposition of $2.6 million four loan portfolio secured by three commercial real estate properties. Bill represented a community bank client in connection with the foreclosure and subsequent disposition of the real and personal property assets securing the loan.
- Foreclosure and disposition of a $14.2 million multiple loan portfolio secured by various commercial real estate properties. Bill represented a national banking association in connection with the foreclosure and subsequent disposition of the real and personal property assets securing the loan.
Luxury Residential Transactions
- $6.3 million acquisition; Bill represented a purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a 132,000 square foot point lot with over 340 feet on the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- $5.5 million sale; Bill represented the seller of adjoining waterfront lots on the New River in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- $4.8 million sale; Bill represented a seller in connection with her sale of an oceanfront home located in Broward County, Florida.
- $3.7 million acquisition; Bill assisted an international client in connection with his purchase of a waterfront home and accompanying waterfront out-lot in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- $3 million sale; Bill assisted a client with the disposition of his 6,559 square-foot, 5 bedroom waterfront home on the Intracoastal Waterway in Broward County, Florida.
- $8.1 million acquisition; Bill represented a client in connection with his purchase of a waterfront home Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- $53 million sale; Bill represented a seller in connection with the sale of a seven-story building containing 191 units, a mix of studios and one-to three-bedroom units, ranging from 529 to 1,275 square feet, located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.