Sharon Carlstedt Britton is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Litigation Department. She has nearly three decades of experience representing clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters. She has significant successful trial experience, including in the areas of contract, healthcare, insurance, and intellectual property.
- Represented record labels, music publishers and artists against Internet companies in high profile copyright infringement actions.
- Represented well-known, national companies in various litigation matters related to ADA accessibility.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture & the Arts, Board Member and Executive Vice President, 2015-2020
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
IGNITE Tampa Bay 2018|June 2018
Association Of Corporate Counsel West Central Florida Chapter
Copyright and Intellectual Property CLE Program|July 2015
Women in Intellectual Property
New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section CLE Program|June 2003
General Copyright Law
New York State Bar Association, CLE Bridging-the-Gap Intellectual Property Program|May 2003
The MP3 and Napster Cases: What Have They Done to Copyright Law?
New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section Meeting|October 2002
Developments in U.S. Copyright Law Arising from Internet Music Cases
Bright Ideas, New York State Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section|February 2001
Litigator Sharon Carlstedt Britton Joins Stearns Weaver Miller in Tampa