Olivia Mapes is an Associate in the Firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and corporate governance matters, with substantial experience representing private equity, private and public company clients.
Olivia is experienced in drafting and negotiating various transaction documents including asset and stock purchase agreements, equity documents, employment agreements, third-party consents and other ancillary documents. She also counsels clients on entity formation and coordinates the due diligence and closing process including the preparation of the diligence report, disclosure schedules, and contract summaries.
Prior to joining the Firm, Olivia was an Associate in the Corporate department of a large firm in Cleveland, Ohio. During law school, she was a legal extern at the world's largest privately-held spirits company.
- Represented a private equity firm in several equity and debt transactions, including acquisition of portfolio companies in the eyewear, beverage, and mechanical contracting industries, and assisted with its subsequent related rollup acquisitions and sales.
- Represented a NYSE-listed aerospace company in its acquisitions and divestitures of various U.S. and international companies.
- Represented a family-owned company in the $1 billion sale of its casino to MGM.
- Represented a producer of advanced automotive steels and electrical steels in its joint venture for approximately $700 million.
- Represented a minority owner in the sale of his interests in a jet-ski and watercraft business to a majority owner, including drafting and negotiation of the equity purchase agreement and preparation of disclosure schedules.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association