Michael C. Larmoyeux, Jr. is an Associate in the Construction Law Practice Group. Michael focuses his practice on general real estate matters and contract disputes, including development and construction matters. He represents owners and developers of residential, commercial, and mixed-use real estate development projects in both transactional and litigation capacities.
Michael also has experience advising employers, claims administrators, insurers, and other corporations regarding claims brought under ERISA and state law.
During law school, Michael clerked for the Honorable Spencer Eig, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, and interned in the State Attorney’s Office, Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- Representation of owners and developers in the design, construction and development of a wide array of projects, including apartments, luxury high-rise condominiums, hotels, industrial, commercial and mixed-used projects.
- Representation of owners and developers in disputes arising from design and construction agreements, including construction defect and delay claims, insurance coverage and warranty claims.
- Successfully represented developer of a $30 million luxury high-rise condominium in a construction defect dispute.
- Represented developer in obtaining a favorable settlement involving construction defect claims for a $25 million mixed-used project.
- Successfully represented managed health care companies and large financial institutions against claims for benefits brought under ERISA by former employees, including a Fortune 100 company facing potential exposure in excess of $1 billion in mass litigation.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, United Way of Miami-Dade Young Leaders
- Volunteer, Feeding South Florida
- Judicial Intern, Honorable Spencer Eig, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida