Matthew S. Podolnick worked as a commercial litigator in Manhattan for two years, followed by 11 years of medical malpractice defense. Matthew graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in zoology in 2000, and then received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.
- Represented individual physicians and prestigious hospitals in complex medical malpractice litigation with multi-million dollar sustainable values from pre-trial through verdict in state and federal court.
- Represented hospitals in Baker Act hearings.
- Represented hospitals and clinics in premises liability litigation.
- Obtained defense verdict as second chair on behalf of hospital and its employed physicians in month-long medical malpractice trial seeking over $10,000,000 in damages.
- Drafted and successfully argued various motions, including motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss, on behalf of defendant hospitals and physicians.
- Led pre-trial settlement negotiations, including mediation, to achieve favorable outcomes for clients.
- Created and presented CLE lecture on managing discovery to law firm.
- Conducted internal investigation, prepared materials for the SEC, and interviewed international witnesses in connection with corporate violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Stearns Weaver Miller Names Five New Shareholders
In the Media:
Cleveland Clinic Defense Team Wins Malpractice Case
Daily Business Review|April 2015