Landus is a skilled litigator who focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal court.
In addition, Landus has experience advising clients on a wide-range of complex land use issues, including land use & environmental litigation and environmental and regulatory compliance.
Landus has experience with the Florida Election Commission’s process and procedures, including drafting complaints against political action committees as well as responses to election law complaints.
Landus is also involved in the Firm's intellectual property practice in relation to name, image, and likeness (NIL) services and the development of marketing and branding agreements for corporate clients.
Landus regularly analyzes and tracks the progress of significant legislation and agency actions to keep clients well-informed of emerging legislative and regulatory developments that will impact their interests.
Landus earned his J.D., cum laude, from the Florida State University College of Law. During law school, Landus served as a legislative law clerk in the firm’s Tallahassee office and assisted in drafting legislation, creating advocacy plans and conducting legislative research.
Prior to clerking with the firm, Landus clerked with a nationally-recognized law firm where he conducted research for high-profile civil rights litigation matters including George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Andre Hill’s cases. He also appeared on the Netflix documentary Civil: Ben Crump. Additionally, he served as a law clerk/legislative analyst with a boutique law firm in Tallahassee where he provided policy research on behalf of the Florida Legislative Black Caucus and worked as a legal intern with the Florida House Minority Office.
While pursuing his undergraduate studies, Landus earned a full athletic basketball scholarship and served as captain of The University of Saint Francis’s team.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Commission, 2022-Present
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists, 2022-Present
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court, 2019-Present
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, 2020-Present
- Boys & Girls Club, 2013-Present
- FSU Graduate Student Leadership Award, 2022 - recognizes outstanding graduate student leaders who are making a positive difference in their scholarly/creative work campus, and wider communities. Landus was the first law student to receive the award.
- Inaugural Heart of Titan Award, Eastern Florida Athletics, 2015 - recognizes an EFSC student-athlete who excels in the classroom and in the athletic arena and who has made a difference on and off the court or field of competition. The recipient is also chosen based on their ability to display resilience and greatness despite adversity.
- Most Inspirational Award, The University of St. Francis Athletic Department
In the Media:
Florida Trend: November 2021
Florida Trend|November 2021
In the Media:
St. Francis Basketball Player Landus Anderson
Chicago Tribune|March 2016
In the Media: