Jose Sepulveda is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department and is a member of the Firm’s Hiring Committee. Jose's practice focuses on complex business litigation in the state and federal courts and the trial and appellate levels, with an emphasis on banking, creditors’ rights and lender liability claims.
Jose is experienced in securities & corporate litigation, class action litigation, securities arbitrations, directors & officers’ liability insurance coverage litigation, trade secret litigation and commercial landlord-tenant matters. He regularly represents clients in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the National Futures Association (NFA) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Jose is also an experienced member of the Firm’s Latin American Practice Group and has advised clients from Latin America and guided U.S. clients in cross-border matters involving Latin America through local counsel in the region.
- Member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict following two week jury trial on claims asserted against publicly traded company and five of its officers and directors for violation of the securities laws, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation.
- Member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict following one week jury trial on claim asserted against publicly traded company and three of its officers for violation of the securities laws.
- Obtained summary judgment for multinational insurance company in successful defense of former employees’ multimillion dollar brokerage fee claim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national lender on a $20 million lender liability counterclaim asserting breach of contract, promissory estoppel, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national lender on a $27 million lender liability counterclaim asserting breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice for a brokerage firm client in a $10 million FINRA proceeding brought by an investor for alleged misconduct in connection with client’s account.
- Represented Colombian technology products company in favorable settlement of breach of contract action asserted by Argentinean supplier.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Americans for Immigrant Justice, Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member
- Belen Jesuit Prep. Alumni Association, Lawyers Section, Member