Jennifer Powers is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. She has over two decades of experience in all aspects of complex commercial real estate and finance transactions, from purchase and acquisition, to development, financing, leasing, construction, and management and disposition of real property.
Jennifer has particular experience in secured and unsecured financing transactions/structuring, mezzanine and timeshare financing, maritime lending, construction lending, and multistate financing transactions. She handles syndicated loans, loan workouts for restructuring and foreclosure transactions, and loans secured by real estate and/or business assets, including inventory, equipment, accounts receivables, and other types of collateral. Jennifer is certified by the Small Business Administration and the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) to close SBA loans (both CDC/504 and 7(a)), representing both or either of the interim and/or third party lenders.
She is also a Title Agent with Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, handling title insurance and all matters of title. Jennifer regularly presents seminars on title work (from commitment to policy) to institutional lending clients.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jennifer owned her own practice in Tampa, where she represented institutional lending clients including national and local banks, private lenders, buyers and developers in complex commercial lending transactions, sales and acquisitions.
- Represents lenders in connection with commercial mortgage and asset-based loans.
- Represents large institutional lenders with mortgage and asset-based loans, real estate and equipment sales, and loan workouts and settlement agreements.
- Represents national institutional lenders in homebuilder loan closings.
- Represents clients in large commercial finance transactions, including securitized loans, multi-state loan transactions and timeshare receivables financing.
- Represents clients in assignment/purchase of loan documents and exempt renewal transactions.
- Represents clients in multi-state and structuring transactions around Florida’s documentary stamp tax and non-recurring intangible taxes.
- Represents large commercial lessors in retail, office, mixed-use and industrial leasing matters.
- Represents large commercial developers.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Piper’s Peeps Foundation, a Florida not-for-profit corporation to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer funding and provide financial assistance to other families in need during diagnosis and treatment, Founded in 2015
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Title Agent, 2017-Present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Association for Women Lawyers, 1998-Present
- Real Estate Investment Council, Inc., 1996-Present
Publications & Presentations
SBA Issues Restaurant Revitalization Funding Program (Not Just for Restaurants)
Stearns Weaver Miller News Update|April 2021
WEBINAR: PPP Part II and Employee Retention Credit Overview
Stearns Weaver Miller Webinar|January 2021
St. Jude Walk/Run - Virtual Event
WEBINAR: PPP Loan Forgiveness Overview
Virtual Webinar - CARES Act
Commercial Real Estate Financing in Florida
Lorman Education Services|December 2001
Closing Real Estate Loans and Asset-Based Commercial Loans in Florida
Half Moon Seminars|December 1999
In the Media:
Shareholder Brings Lending Experience To Stearns Weaver
Stearns Weaver Miller Joins Tampa Shareholder Jennifer Powers in Raising Money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Stearns Weaver Miller Expands Statewide Lending Practice
In the Media:
People on the Move
Tampa Bay Business Journal|January 2020