Eric Roth brings to his practice many years of experience in general counsel roles at life sciences companies. Eric has extensive experience negotiating and documenting commercial transactions for life sciences companies including distribution, supply, licensing, manufacturing and strategic alliance agreements with external suppliers, original equipment manufacturers, and strategic partners. Eric also counsels medical device and pharmaceutical companies on a variety of matters, including the development and implementation of healthcare compliance policies and programs. He provides clients with training and counseling on topics such as the anti-kickback and other anti-corruption statutes, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as proper documentation of company interactions with healthcare providers. Eric advises company management in the areas of regulatory and corporate compliance, supply chain management, litigation strategy, general commercial matters, pricing and contracting strategies, and product liability issues. Eric also assists clients with:
- Contracting activities relating to clinical trials
- HCP consulting agreements
- Commercial contracts for product purchase and sale, including GPO agreements
- Grant arrangements
- Internal investigations
Eric also counsels clients on traditional employment law issues, including discrimination and retaliation claims under both state and federal laws, enforcement of restrictive covenants such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and compliance with corporate progressive discipline policies. He regularly appears before the EEOC and state and local EEO agencies to advocate for clients in response to charges or complaints of discrimination and litigates such employment disputes, as well. His employment law experience also includes counseling clients with respect to:
- Careful communication training to reduce potential legal exposure
- Strategies for reductions in force
- Severance and separation agreements
- Litigation avoidance
- Performance improvement plans
Eric is a regular contributor to the firm’s labor & employment law blog, BeLabor the Point
- Outside General Counsel to Therakos, Inc., a medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturer, 2012–2015.
- Assistant General Counsel for Johnson & Johnson and Vice President (Law) for Cordis Corporation, a medical device manufacturer and wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, 2001–2009.
- Special Counsel to United States Senator Bob Graham, 2000.
- Senior Litigation Associate, international law firm, 1990–2001.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Revival Healthcare Capital, Business Advisor, 2018 – Present
- PTV Healthcare Capital, Business Advisor, 2012 – Present
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Board of Directors, 2003 – 2009
- Chairman of the Board, 2006 – 2007
- Hands on Miami, Inc., Board of Directors, 1998 – 2006
- United Way of Miami-Dade County, Co-Chair, Annual Fundraising Campaign, 2005 – 2006
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Publications & Presentations
Meet the Gang Part I – NLRB Workplace Rules, What’s Up at the EEOC, Immigration Update
Stearns Weaver Miller's 29th Annual Labor and Employment Law Seminar|May 2019
Biometric Time Keeping and Employee Tracking – Thumbs Up or Down?
BeLabor the Point Blog|April 2019
Recruiting with Technology? Don’t Forget the “Human” in Human Resources
BeLabor the Point Blog|October 2018
LQBTQ: The Issues, the Law, the Reality, and the Decisions Florida Employers Must Make
Stearns Weaver Miller's 28th Annual Labor and Employment Law Seminar|April 2018
Headline News! HR Tips to Curb Harassment and Discrimination
BeLabor the Point Blog|November 2017
Emails – An Essential Tool That Can Make You Look Like a Fool
BeLabor The Point Blog |July 2017
Investigating Conduct Unbecoming of an Employee
Stearns Weaver Miller's 27th Annual Labor and Employment Law Seminar|May 2017
Theft of Confidential Information: Pfizer’s Wiser, Are You?
BeLabor The Point Blog|March 2017
In the Media:
Protect Your Confidential Business Information
Rush on Business|March 2017
Stearns Weaver Miller Presents 25th Annual Labor & Employment Law Seminar
Stearns Weaver Miller Presents 24th Annual Labor and Employment Law Seminar
Eric Roth Joins the Firm