Amy E. Jellicorse is an associate in the Corporate & Securities Department. Her practice focuses on representing businesses and non-profit entities in corporate and general business transactions, including entity formation and structuring, sales and acquisitions, debt and equity transactions, including mezzanine loans and private placements. Amy also has experience assisting clients with commercial leases, business and regulated industry permitting, including alcohol licensing, and intellectual property matters, including the registration of trademarks.
Amy’s pro bono activities include the representation of abused and neglected children in juvenile court, through a county level legal aid guardian ad litem program.
- Represented clients in connection with the structuring and offering of interests in private placement opportunities for the acquisition, development, and management of various residential housing projects.
- Represented clients engaged in real estate and senior housing industries in connection with the structuring and acquisition of both the real property and assets of senior housing facilities.
- Assisted in the representation of clients in the amendment or restructuring of large credit facilities.
- Represented clients in a variety of industries, including software companies, medical, dental and veterinarian practices, residential and multi-family housing, and senior housing, among other industries, in merger and acquisition transactions and contract negotiations.
- Represented clients in loan transactions (both real property and asset based) on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
- Represented clients engaged in various industries in intellectual property matters, including restaurant, mobile application, non-profit religious organizations, retail clothing and accessories, and marine sporting goods, including the registration of trademarks and wordmarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and the acquisition, assignment, and licensing of copyrights and other intellectual property rights.
- Advise clients on ongoing internal employment issues, including the preparation and negotiation of employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, non-competition/non-solicitation agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, the granting of phantom stock and unit appreciation rights, and internal company policy documents.
- Represented both tenants and landlords in the preparation and negotiation of commercial lease agreements.
- Represented clients in licensing and permitting matters, including alcohol licenses, business and regulated industry permitting, and professional employer organization licensure.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy:
- Notes Chair, Fall 2012
- Notes Committee, Spring 2012
- The Florida Moot Court Team:
- Secretary, Fall 2012
- Vice Chair Special Events, Spring 2012
- Honors Book Award in International and European Copyright Law