Amanda Bennis is an Associate in the Corporate & Securities Department. She earned her J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
During law school, Amanda served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable William P. Dimitrouleas of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented BBX Capital Corporation in the acquisition of IT’SUGAR for a purchase price of approximately $57 million, net of cash acquired. IT’SUGAR is the largest specialty candy retailer in the United States with 95 locations in 26 states. The acquisition expands BBX Capital’s retail confectionary footprint, which includes Hoffman’s Chocolates.
- Represented large affordable housing developer in connection with the issuance of bonds on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
Professional & Community Involvement
- United Way of Miami-Dade, Young Leaders, Member
- United Way of Miami-Dade, Women’s Leadership, Member
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation, Leadership Development Institute, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR1000), Rising Star – Florida, Banking, 2018
Publications & Presentations
Realism About Remedies and the Need for A CDA Takedown: A Comparative Analysis of § 230 of the CDA and the U.K. Defamation Act 2013
Florida Journal of International Law|August 2015
Stearns Weaver Miller Attorneys Recognized in International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR1000) 2018