Alexander Leon concentrates his practice in the areas of construction defect litigation, complex business litigation, and condominium association law. He has worked on various phases of construction defect cases from inception through trial.
He earned his J.D., Cum Laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and his B.A. from the University of Miami.
- Representation of owners and developers in the design, construction and development of a wide array of projects, including apartments, luxury high-rise condominiums, hotels, industrial, commercial/retail and affordable housing.
- Representation of owners and developers in disputes arising from design and construction agreements, including construction defect and delay claims, surety bonds, insurance coverage, construction liens and warranty claims.
- Successfully represented Miami hotel owner in construction defect litigation against thirteen (13) construction defendants.
- Member of trial team in multi-million dollar construction defect case in West Palm Beach, Florida, opposing 18 defendants and more than 50 defense attorneys, which ultimately resulted in a $22.5 million dollar settlement on behalf of the clients.
- Represented and advised clients in all areas of insurance and commercial disputes at every stage of litigation including trial and appellate levels.
- Successfully obtained directed verdict on behalf of landlord in Fair Housing Act dispute in the Southern District of Florida as second chair on trial defense team.
- 2019 Marlins Stadium Renovation; an expansion and remodel of existing facilities at Marlins Park consisting of renovations to The Club: Dex Imaging, Centerfield Zone, and other related amenities.
- Aloft Hotel; consisting of 125 hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet halls, fitness center, pool, and parking lot containing 271 parking spaces.
- Gale Hotel; consisting of 96 luxury hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet halls, and recreational amenities including a fitness center, pools, cabanas, and a parking garage.
- The Canopy Hotel – West Palm Beach; 150 hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet halls together with recreational amenities including, without limitation, fitness center, pool, and parking lot containing 72 parking spaces.
- The Canopy Hotel – Tempe; 200 hotel rooms, restaurants, fitness center, pool, and parking lot containing 72 parking spaces.
- Flagler Village Tru | Home 2 – Ft Lauderdale; 218 hotel rooms, restaurants, banquet halls, fitness center, pool, and a parking lot containing 97 parking spaces yielding total parking capacity of 125 by using 28 car lifts.
- The Perry Hotel Key West; 100 hotel units and recreational amenities nearby Stock Island Marina in Key West, Florida.
- The Residences at Ocean Reef Club; a 48 unit luxury condominium, an 18,000 square foot concierge club and related site improvements located in Key Largo, Florida.
- Bethune at West River; an income-restricted housing project consisting of 160 apartment units and ground floor retail space located in Tampa, Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cuban American Bar Association, Art in the Tropics Event Committee, 2013-Present
- Florida Bar – Young Lawyers Division, 2013-Present
Publications & Presentations
Daubert Challenges in 558 cases and beyond
The 2017 Spring Legislative Session: Medications for Community Association Corruption (May Have Serious Side Effects)
The Florida Community Association Journal|May 2017
Stearns Weaver Miller Adds Seven Associates Across Five Practice Areas