Abbye Feeley serves as an in-house planner in the Land Development, Zoning, Environmental & Government Affairs Department. She has over 20 years of experience in the public sector including at the Florida Department of Community Affairs and 18 years at the City of Tampa. Abbye’s practice is diverse, having worked on projects ranging from lot creation and single family residential, to large-scale planned developments and mixed-use urban infill projects.
Abbye’s strong public/private sector relationships and intimate understanding of local regulations afford her the ability to easily identify, evaluate, and resolve complex land use, zoning, permitting, code enforcement, and property rights matters. She routinely works with clients to strategically analyze properties and maximize opportunities for development while balancing regulation and design.
With extensive experience of the local public hearing entitlement process, municipal code writing and amendments, permitting, variances, historic preservation and alcoholic beverage licensing, Abbye possesses a strong skill set that provides a valuable service to our clients.
- In her capacity as Planning & Development Coordinator for the City of Tampa:
- Managed the City’s rezoning and special use process including application of land development regulations, review of associated site plans, and presentation of projects during the public hearing process before Tampa City Council and other applicable boards.
- Represented Land Development Division on special magistrate hearings and mediations.
- Managed administration of large-scale developments and delegated duties of the Zoning Administrator.
- Worked on creation of the Bayshore Scenic Corridor, including conducting community participation process, drafting Comprehensive Plan section, and leading presentation/workshop with the Tampa City Council for the plan’s adoption.
- Recent notable project experience includes Midtown Tampa, Westshore Marina District, Channelside Publix, Hyde Park Village, Humane Society of Tampa Bay and Bryan Glazer Family JCC.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Great American Teach In
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership
- Tampa Connection
Publications & Presentations
Spotlight Tampa: Westshore Alliance
City of Tampa Television|December 2015
Discovering Tampa’s Downtown Waterfront
City of Tampa Television|September 2015
Spotlight Tampa: Development Services Center
City of Tampa Television|May 2012
Spotlight Tampa: Land Development Coordination
City of Tampa Television|September 2011
In the Media:
People on the Move in Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Business Journal|February 2019
Abbye Feeley Joins Stearns Weaver Miller as Associate Director of Zoning & Planning