Our state-wide team assists clients in every aspect of participation in the political process. We advise public officials, judges, candidates and campaigns, political action committees, corporations, membership and non-profit organizations, lobbyists, and high-net worth individual donors on a range of issues, including campaign advertising and finance, disputed elections, Florida Open Government / Sunshine Laws, and ethics issues. We also counsel clients on drafting and advancing proposed legislation, constitutional amendments, and other ballot initiatives.
- Federal and Florida Election Law Compliance
- Campaign Finance Regulations
- Formation and Operation of PACs
- Political Advertising and Electioneering Communications
- Lobbying and Other Political Activity Regulations
- Recounts and Contested Elections
- Voting Rights Act Issues
- Ballot Qualification
- Legislation and Ballot Initiatives
- Policy Development
- Strategic Consulting and Drafting for Proposed Legislation
- Constitutional and Charter Amendments
- Other Ballot Initiatives
- Judicial Campaigns and Ethics Inquiries
- Ethics Rules and Counseling
- Florida Elections Commission
- Florida Commission on Ethics
- Extraordinary Writ Proceedings
- Florida Sunshine / Open Government Laws
Hackers, Trolls and the Polls - Campaign Cybersecurity
Webinar |April 2018|Kelly Ruane Melchiondo, Bridget Smitha
In the Media:
Sunburn – The Morning Read of What’s Hot in Florida Politics – 3.14.18
Florida Politics |March 2018
Dark Money and Florida Political Committees
Florida State University | Masters Program of Applied American Politics and Policy |February 2018|Glenn Burhans, Jr.
In the Media:
News 13: Ybeth Bruzual hosts 'Town Hall: Crossing Party Lines'
Orlando Sentinel|February 2018
Statement of Glenn Burhans to the Ethics & Elections Committee
Florida Constitution Review Commission|January 2018|Glenn Burhans, Jr.
The Crisis of Political Intransigence
Tallahassee Exchange Club |December 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr.