Our state-wide team assists clients in every aspect of participation in the political process. We advise public officials, judges, candidates and campaigns, political action committees, corporations, membership and non-profit organizations, lobbyists, and high-net worth individual donors on a range of issues, including campaign advertising and finance, disputed elections, Florida Open Government / Sunshine Laws, and ethics issues. We also counsel clients on drafting and advancing proposed legislation, constitutional amendments, and other ballot initiatives.
- Federal and Florida Election Law Compliance
- Campaign Finance Regulations
- Formation and Operation of PACs
- Political Advertising and Electioneering Communications
- Lobbying and Other Political Activity Regulations
- Recounts and Contested Elections
- Voting Rights Act Issues
- Ballot Qualification
- Legislation and Ballot Initiatives
- Policy Development
- Strategic Consulting and Drafting for Proposed Legislation
- Constitutional and Charter Amendments
- Other Ballot Initiatives
- Judicial Campaigns and Ethics Inquiries
- Ethics Rules and Counseling
- Florida Elections Commission
- Florida Commission on Ethics
- Extraordinary Writ Proceedings
- Florida Sunshine / Open Government Laws
In the Media:
The high cost of losing for the football capital of Florida
Tallahassee Democrat|October 2017
This Is Not My Beautiful House ... How Did I Get Here?
Election & Political Law Report |August 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr., Bridget Smitha
Party affiliation should not be issue in St. Petersburg mayoral race
Tampa Bay Times|August 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr.
Perspectives on Medical Marijuana in Florida - A Panel Discussion
BioFlorida |August 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr.
Is That Legal? Paying Expenses With Campaign Funds
Election & Political Law Report |July 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr., Bridget Smitha
2017 Legislative Round-Up: What's New In Election & Political Law?
Election & Political Law Report |June 2017|Glenn Burhans, Jr.