Zachary Rosenthal is an Associate in the Corporate Department. His practice focuses on the representation of clients in the real estate and hospitality industries in general corporate matters, including drafting and negotiation of corporate and finance-related agreements, structuring and drafting complex joint venture arrangements, structuring and offering of interests in pooled investment funds, and sophisticated debt, equity, and mezzanine financing transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Zachary worked at an international law firm in Los Angeles where he practiced in real estate transactions.
- Representation of BBX Capital Corporation in the acquisition of IT’SUGAR for a purchase price of approximately $57 million, net of cash acquired. IT’SUGAR is the largest specialty candy retailer in the United States with 95 locations in 26 states. The acquisition expands BBX Capital’s retail confectionary footprint, which includes Hoffman’s Chocolates.
- Representation of Rescore Corp., a private REIT, in securing $66.5 million in construction financing for the development of a 9-story residential tower with 160 rental units in the heart of San Francisco’s Mid-Market area.
- Representation of a private investment firm in connection with a $550 million loan secured by a portfolio of 550 commercial properties located in 37 states.
- Representation of an investment bank in an $80 million first mortgage loan for the acquisition, construction, and development of a hotel complex in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust in connection with a sale-leaseback portfolio mortgage and mezzanine financing totaling approximately $53 million.
- Representation of one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts on leasing issues in connection with a stock-for-stock transaction with another REIT resulting in an aggregate asset value of $7.7 billion.
- Representation of a joint venture between Duncan Hillsley Capital and Pebb Enterprises in its acquisition of Ocean Mall, a shopping center in Riviera Beach, Florida, and the financing for the acquisition. The center comprises several low-rise ocean-front buildings on leased land owned by the City of Riviera Beach.
- Represented a hotel management company in the acquisition of and negotiation of a joint venture for hotels in Daytona Beach and St. Augustine, Florida and Park City, Utah.
- Represented a hotel management company in the acquisition of and negotiation of a joint venture for a resort in Missouri, which included a 27-hole golf course and marina. The transaction included several ground leases as well as the successful negotiation of a license agreement.
- Represented real estate investment company in the $50,000,000 refinance of the Downtown Dadeland retail component in Miami, Florida.