Terry Lovell is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department. Terry focuses on affordable housing and multi-family housing for tax-exempt organizations as well as commercial real estate.
- Negotiation and preparation of Purchase and Sale Agreements for properties for new and existing multi-family apartment buildings.
- Representation of numerous sellers of multiple affordable housing projects and partnership interests.
- Representation of developers in commercial loan transactions.
- Representation of developers and investors in all aspects of real estate development transactions that are financed with low-income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code, tax-exempt bonds, grants and loans issued by federal, state and local governmental authorities, and other subsidized and conventional financing, including the negotiation of equity and loan documents.
- Representation of affordable housing developers in tax credit and tax-exempt bond financing for affordable housing projects in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Issued, as an agent for various title companies, title insurance policies on behalf of owners and lenders in excess of $500 million.
- Represented The Arc Jacksonville Village, Ltd. in securing construction financing and tax credit syndication proceeds totaling $18.6 million for The Arc Jacksonville Village, an affordable, independent-living, apartment-style neighborhood designed to maximize community inclusion for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Represented Quest Inc. in securing construction financing and tax credit syndication totaling $16.8 million for Quest Village, an affordable apartment community for independent adults with developmental disabilities.
- Assisted affordable housing developer, The Gatehouse Group, Inc. in the closing of the development and financing for The Plaza at the Lyric, a 158-unit apartment complex in Overtown, Miami. The project with financed through multiple sources, including bonds issued by the Housing Finance Authority of Miami-Dade County, Wells Fargo and Miami Dade County.
- Represented Vestcor, a real estate company focused on developing multifamily projects, in securing construction financing and tax credit equity totaling over $30.1 million for the Lofts at Monroe, an affordable community in the LaVilla neighborhood in downtown Jacksonville. The five-story building aims to create a uniquely urban community.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association - Affordable Housing Section
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Florida Legal Guide "Up & Comer" 2004, 2005 & 2006 editions
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell