Sam Patmore is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department. Sam represents clients across the country in a wide variety of intricate commercial and technology matters, including antitrust, securities, intellectual property, products liability and complex business litigation. His nationwide class action practice involves representing clients on both sides of the “v.” in state and federal courts at all levels. Sam also regularly serves as local or primary litigation counsel on patent matters pending in the Southern District of Florida.
Before joining the firm, Sam served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable John H. McBryde of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas and worked as a litigation associate in the New York office of a large international law firm. Sam also previously worked in the area of telecommunications policy for the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
- Obtained $151,250,000 recovery on behalf of a class of indirect purchasers of polyurethane foam in what the defendants claimed was the largest class action ever certified. Representation of class was successful on all levels, including at the Supreme Court.
- Obtained expedited stay of multi-patent litigation pending CBM review at the Patent and Trademark Appeal Board.
- Part of lead counsel team representing a nationwide class of indirect purchasers in antitrust case involving the market for liquid aluminum sulfate.
- Part of lead counsel team representing multi-state class of American Express card holders in antitrust case regarding anti-steering rules.
- Obtained $55,000,000 recovery against Toyota and General Motors on behalf of a class of domestic automobile purchasers in antitrust litigation involving the imposition of wrongful export restraints.
- Obtained final summary judgment defeating efforts of a pharmaceutical manufacturer to block generic entry in the sale of doxycycline hyclate, an important antibiotic used in the treatment of periodontal disease.
- Successfully resolved governance dispute among holders of closely held corporation. Crafted resolution involving aspects of estate law, corporate governance, real estate, taxation, and commercial litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of claims brought by competitor seeking to bar our client’s market entry as an authorized generic distributor of one of the world’s largest selling prescription pain medications.
- Successfully defended major pharmaceutical manufacturer in supply contract disputes following the passage of legislation significantly limiting the sale of over the counter products containing pseudoephedrine.
- Part of trial and appellate team which successfully defended the U.S. rights to a world-renown cigar mark.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims brought against underwriter in federal securities class action suit.
- Law Clerk, Honorable John H. McBryde, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
In the Media:
$151 Million Settlement Approved in Foam Class Action
Daily Business Review|March 2016