Francisco "Frank" J. Menendez is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department. Frank has a national and Florida real estate transactional practice, focusing primarily on the purchase, sale & financing of commercial properties (including hotel properties), IRS Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, real estate secured & mezzanine lending, including construction, term, low-income housing, conduit, and securitized loans. Frank also deals with commercial leasing, including airspace and synthetic leases and the development, construction, financing and direct and indirect disposition of real and personal property.
- Represented the owners of 89 hotel properties located in 16 states and in Canada in connection with a $265,000,000 loan to refinance the properties and provide working capital therefor.
- Local counsel to the lender making a $150,000,000 loan to refinance the WachoviaFinancialCenter in downtown Miami.
- Represented lenders in a $103,000,000 syndicated acquisition, development and construction loan to construct a mixed use (retail, office and residential) project in Miami-Dade County.
- Represented the lender in acquisition, development and construction loans to 13 separate entities to acquire and develop a 415 acre planned unit development of regional impact near Orlando, Florida.
- Represented the purchaser of a resort in the Florida Keys containing a full service marina, restaurant, and hotel.
- Represented a party in connection with its acquisition of a 57-story office tower in a Northeast U.S. metropolitan area, and the party’s closing on a subsequent $124,000,000 loan in connection with the conversion of a portion thereof to residential condominiums.
- Negotiation and preparation of joint venture and partnership documents relating to real estate developments.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Latin Builders Association, Member
- The Florida Bar: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Super Bowl XXXII Tribute Committee, Former Member
- Historical Museum of South Florida’s Tropees, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2019
- Recipient of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s Leadership Award as a member of its “Class of 1998.”
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Sixteen Stearns Weaver Miller Shareholders recognized by South Florida's Best Lawyers 2012
Twenty-Three Attorneys from Nine Practice Groups Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America