Farah Rajani Bridges is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department and a member of the Firm’s Hiring Committee. She is a Miami native who has practiced at the Firm since 2008. Farah’s practice focuses on complex litigation matters at the trial and appellate levels in both federal and state courts. Her practice includes representing hospitals in cases asserting commercial and professional liability, representing lawyers in disciplinary proceedings, and litigating product liability, creditor-debtor, and landlord-tenant cases.
- Counsel for Knauf companies, global producers of building materials and construction systems, in Florida state court cases brought for damages arising out of alleged defects in the manufacture of drywall imported from China to the United States. Served as second chair in a month long jury trial, the only Chinese drywall case tried to a jury in Florida.
- Representation of major healthcare institutions and physicians in matters including peer review, contract disputes, and general and professional liability.
- Representation of lenders in commercial foreclosure and lender liability actions and appeals, and counseling of lenders for compliance with state and federal laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act and usury laws.
- Prevailed in defense of insurance company in multi-party and multi-claim federal litigation arising from a life insurance policy dispute.
- Representation of creditors in actions to avoid fraudulent transfers.
- Representation of corporations in claims asserted under the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial and residential lease disputes and appeals.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter, Board Member
- Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center, Transformers Committee Member
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, Entrepreneurship Council Member
- South Asian Bar Association, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts of the Southern District of Florida, 2016