[David] impresses clients with his knowledge of securities laws as well as his excellent command of both M&A and corporate governance. [He is an] exceptional and attentive lawyer, who is also commended for his responsiveness.
- Chambers USA 2014
David Seifer is a Shareholder practicing in the Corporate Department. David is also a member of the Firm's Board of Directors. David's practice focuses on periodic securities reporting and compliance, corporate governance, securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, life sciences, medical devices, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals, technology, blockchain and distributed ledger, banking and financial institutions, and general contract negotiations.
- During the past five years, represented companies in capital raising transactions ranging from $130,000 to $40,500,000, and in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions with transaction values ranging from $108,000 to $175,000,000.
- Principal outside corporate and securities counsel for public companies, including periodic reporting and corporate governance.
- Represent start-ups, emerging business enterprises and entrepreneurs in all aspects of corporate law, equity and debt fund raising and financing, and acquisitions and exit strategies.
- Acquisition of privately-held veterinary pharmaceutical manufacturing company by publicly-traded pharmaceutical company for $440 million of consideration consisting of stock and cash and redemption of indebtedness.
- Acquisition of publicly-traded developer and manufacturer of drug delivery technology by publicly-traded pharmaceutical company for consideration consisting of stock.
- Sale of privately-held paper manufacturing business to a company based in Italy in a transaction valued at $175 million.
- Sale of privately-held steel fabrication and erection business to a company based in Canada in a transaction valued at $115 million.
- Sale of a group of affiliated defense contractor companies with annualized revenue of $100 million.
- Spin-off of then privately-held diagnostics manufacturer through reverse merger with publicly-traded blank-check company.
- Sale of controlling stockholder’s equity position in publicly-traded diagnostics manufacturer to a group based in France.
- Sale of controlling stockholders’ equity position in publicly-traded diagnostics manufacturer to a leading global diagnostics company based in India.
- Represented various public companies and boards of directors in proxy contests and proxy solicitation campaigns.
- Issuer’s counsel in Rule 144A offering of $144 million senior convertible debt for clinical drug development services company.
- Issuer’s counsel in $133 million follow-on equity offering for clinical drug development services company.
- Issuer’s counsel in $30 million private investment in public equity (PIPE) for diagnostics manufacturer.
- Formation of a $40.5 million private real estate fund (blind pool) in the hospitality industry.
- Formation of a $19.5 million private real estate fund in the commercial shopping center industry.
- Private equity firms’ $35 million investment to launch a roll-up strategy by founders for veterinary clinics.
- Purchase and separation of SMS value-added services business with operations in 17 countries in Central and South America.
- Sale of SMS value-added services business with operations in 11 countries in Central and South America to publicly-traded global mobile marketing and digital solutions company based in the United Kingdom.
- Sale of multiple branches of a federally-chartered financial institution.
- Sale of online community for physicians by publicly-traded pharmaceutical company to one of the world’s largest online healthcare companies.
- Joint venture with one of the world’s largest interior contractors based in the United Arab Emirates through the sale of a majority of equity interests in global hospitality procurement companies.
- Implementation of online transactional website system for international customized integrated media company.
- Implementation of the online banking system of one of the largest financial institutions headquartered in Florida.
- Acquisitions and sales of various physician, dentist and physical therapist practice groups and offices.
- Sale of one of South Florida’s largest residential real estate agencies.
Professional & Community Involvement
- United Way of Miami-Dade, Member of the Board of Directors
- Young Leaders Society of the United Way of Miami-Dade, Former Chairman of the Executive Committee
- United Way of Miami-Dade, Trustee
- Tocqueville Society, United Way of Miami-Dade
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Member of the Alumni Council
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Co-Founder of the Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A. Student Professional Development Endowment
- Co-Founding Mentor, Alpha Epsilon Pi Business Institute Mentorship Program
- Volunteer Coach, City of Aventura Youth Soccer League
- Volunteer Coach, North Miami Beach Little League Baseball
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business: Ranked in Corporate/M&A/ Private Equity, 2009, 2011-2018
- Finalist, Top Dealmaker of the Year – Corporate, Daily Business Review, 2011
- University of Florida College of Law, Outstanding Young Alumnus, 2008
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Foundation Fishel Family Award for Emerging Leadership, 2014
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite 2005-2007, 2009-2011, 2013-2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2018
- International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR1000), Highly Regarded – Florida, M&A, Capital Markets: Equity, 2018
- Finalist, South Florida Business Journal’s "2006 Up & Comers Award"
- “40 Under 40”, selected by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2009
- Finalist, United Way of Miami-Dade Dorothy Shula Award for Outstanding Volunteerism, 2006
- University of Florida Hall of Fame
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary
- Florida Blue Key Leadership Honor Society
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Publications & Presentations
The Owner’s Journey: Experiences Shared and Lessons Learned on Successfully Selling Or Transferring a Business
U.S. Trust|May 2017
Trends in Equity Fund Raising for Private Real Estate Funds
Lexwork International|March 2015
Oculus Sale Angers Crowdfunding Supporters
Daily Business Review|April 2014
Legal Issues Relating to Raising Capital
Alpha Epsilon Pi Business Institute Mentorship Program|September 2013
Stearns Weaver Miller Attorneys Recognized in International Financial Law Review 1000 (IFLR1000) 2018
Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2018
23 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers in 10 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2018
Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2017
19 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers, 8 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2017
David Seifer Appointed to Board of Directors of United Way of Miami-Dade
Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2016
17 Stearns Weaver Miller Lawyers, 7 Practice Areas Ranked In Chambers USA 2016