Andrew W. McLaughlin assists clients in labor and employment matters with a focus on employee benefits, particularly the impact of the Affordable Care Act and EBSA audits. He also represents clients in ERISA litigation.
Andy represents property owners including shopping centers, restaurants, office buildings, hotels and other places of public accommodation in ADA accessibility lawsuits and defends credit unions and financial institutions against fair housing complaints.
Andy has an L.L.M. in Taxation and a Certificate in Employee Benefits.
- Defends discrimination and wrongful discharge claims.
- Defends class actions.
- Represents employers before the EEOC and Department of Labor Wage & Hour and EBSA divisions.
- Advises employers about new legislation.
- Prepares employee handbooks and develops drug-testing and other policies.
- Counsels and litigates confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
- Defends places of public accommodation against ADA Title III accessibility lawsuits.
- Defends lending institutions against fair lending discrimination claims.
- Counsels employers regarding severance issues.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar Labor & Employment Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section
Publications & Presentations
Recent Developments in Pregnancy Discrimination Laws
Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine|January 2017
Politics & Beyond: How (and if) Employers Should Limit Activism in the Workplace
HR Tampa|August 2016
New Overtime Regulations: Employers have options for compliance
Janet Goldberg McEnery and Andrew W. McLaughlin Have Joined Our Labor & Employment Law Group in Tampa.
Our group is growing – Tampa here we come!
BeLabor The Point Blog|August 2017