Alexander Leon concentrates his practice in the areas of construction defect litigation, complex business litigation, and condominium association law. He has worked on various phases of construction defect cases from inception through trial.
He earned his J.D., Cum Laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law and his B.A. from the University of Miami.
- Member of trial team in multi-million dollar construction defect case in West Palm Beach, Florida, opposing 18 defendants and more than 50 defense attorneys, which ultimately resulted in a $22.5 million dollar settlement on behalf of the clients.
- Represented and advised clients in all areas of insurance and commercial disputes at every stage of litigation including trial and appellate levels.
- Successfully obtained directed verdict on behalf of landlord in Fair Housing Act dispute in the Southern District of Florida as second chair on trial defense team.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cuban American Bar Association, Art in the Tropics Event Committee, 2013-Present
- Florida Bar – Young Lawyers Division, 2013-Present
Publications & Presentations
Daubert Challenges in 558 cases and beyond
The 2017 Spring Legislative Session: Medications for Community Association Corruption (May Have Serious Side Effects)
The Florida Community Association Journal|May 2017
Stearns Weaver Miller Adds Seven Associates Across Five Practice Areas