Abbye Feeley* serves as an in-house consultant in the Land Development, Zoning, Environmental & Government Affairs Department. Her knowledge of zoning, planning, development, and permitting provides the Firm with an in-house capability to conduct real estate due diligence, evaluate and resolve code enforcement matters and zoning and development issues, expedite permitting and assess takings and property rights issues. She provides unique insight to identify key issues and effectively deal with land use and permitting issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Abbye had over 20 years of experience in the public sector including at the Florida Department of Community Affairs and 18 years at the City of Tampa.
- In her capacity as Planning & Development Coordinator for the City of Tampa:
- Represented Land Development Division on special magistrate hearings and mediations.
- Managed rezoning and special use hearings.
- Managed administration of large-scale developments and delegated duties of the Zoning Administrator.
- Worked on creation of the Bayshore Scenic Corridor, including conducting community participation process, drafting Comprehensive Plan section, and leading presentation/workshop with the Tampa City Council for the plan’s adoption.
- Project experience ranges from lot creation and single family residential, to large scale subdivision and mixed use urban development including projects such as: Midtown Tampa, Westshore Marina District, Channelside Publix, Humane Society of Tampa Bay and Bryan Glazer Family JCC.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Great American Teach In
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership
- Tampa Connection
Publications & Presentations
Spotlight Tampa: Westshore Alliance
City of Tampa Television|December 2015
Discovering Tampa’s Downtown Waterfront
City of Tampa Television|September 2015
Spotlight Tampa: Development Services Center
City of Tampa Television|May 2012
Spotlight Tampa: Land Development Coordination
City of Tampa Television|September 2011