Steven M. Klein
Steven M. Klein is a Shareholder in the Real Estate Department. His practice focuses primarily on the representation of institutional lenders in connection with loans, loan modifications, workouts, restructurings, loan sales and deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure. Mr. Klein has extensive experience with all aspects of real estate financing including acquisition, construction, development, mezzanine and permanent loans, asset-based financing, loan participations and multi-property and multi-state financing transactions. Additionally, Mr. Klein has represented developers, REIT's and other property owners in the purchase, sale, development and financing of commercial real estate projects, as well as landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations.
- Representation of national banks in multiple loan workouts, restructurings, loan sales and deed-in-lieu transactions throughout the State of Florida.
- Representation of a national bank in connection with the sale of a $20+ million foreclosure judgment.
- Representation of a privately-held company in connection with the purchase of a $30+ million defaulted loan secured by a South Beach hotel.
- Representation of a foreign real estate company in connection with the purchase of 100+ units in a fractured condominium project.
- Representation of a privately-held company in the acquisition of a defaulted loan and subsequent agreement for a consensual foreclosure.
- Representation of a foreign hotel company in the purchase of loans secured by hotels in Arizona and Illinois.
- Representation of a loan servicer in multiple loan-modification transactions and loan sales throughout the United States.
- Representation of banks, commercial lenders and mezzanine lenders in connection with numerous multimillion-dollar loans for the acquisition, development and construction of single and multifamily home developments, hotels, condominiums and retail, apartment and office projects.
- Representation of commercial real estate company in connection with a joint venture for the acquisition of two apartment buildings held by a national bank as REO properties.
- Representation of publicly traded REIT as the borrower in connection with a $65 million loan secured by a 500,000 square foot shopping center in Florida.
- Representation of life insurance companies in connection with numerous permanent loans for a variety of properties located in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Colorado.
- Representation of a bank in connection with a $110 million borrowing base credit facility secured by properties located in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi.
- Representation of a commercial lender as the borrower in connection with a $100 million revolving wholesale mortgage warehouse credit facility.
- Representation of a commercial lender in connection with a loan to a publicly traded company to finance 39 properties located in 22 states.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the acquisition of two condominium projects in Miami Beach, Fla., and construction and mezzanine financing in excess of $150 million.
- Representation of a foreign bank in connection with the assignment, modification and bifurcation of a multimillion-dollar lease.
- Representation of a national real estate development company in connection with the assemblage, development and financing of a $200 million mixed-use project in Florida.
- Congregation Beth Israel
- Member, Board of Trustees, 1999-2008, 2009-Present
- Miami Beach Jewish Community Center
- Member, Board of Directors, 2006-present
- Officer, Board of Directors, 2008-present
- Alumni Association, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Member, Executive Committee, 2005-present
- University of Miami School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Transactions, Fall 2004-Spring 2006
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130