Sharon Quinn Dixon
Sharon Dixon offers "an extremely creative and business-friendly approach" to employee benefits tax issues. Sources add: "Her advice is reasonable and practical. We do not get caught up in legal jargon - she gets right to the point and tells us what we need to know and how to use it.”
- Chambers USA 2015
Sharon Quinn Dixon is a Shareholder in both the Tax Department and Labor & Employment Department. Sharon's practice focuses on employee benefits for businesses and estate planning for individuals.
Sharon advises business clients about their employee benefit plans and executive compensation, including Affordable Care Act issues, other medical and insurance plan questions, 401(k) plans, COBRA issues, Section 125-Cafeteria Plans, Code Section 409A issues and tax and ERISA compliance and litigation matters. Additionally, Sharon is experienced with merger and acquisition due diligence reviews, planning for employee benefits in implementing Family Leave Act policies and incentive and nonqualified stock option plans.
Sharon counsels individual clients in the development and implementation of their estate plans, including federal estate, gift and income tax issues. Sharon represents corporate and individual fiduciaries in connection with the administration of estates and personal trusts. Sharon has particular expertise in estate planning for retirement benefits.
Sharon is a regular contributor to the firm’s labor and employment law blog, BeLabor the Point.
- Correction of 401(k)and retirement plan compliance deficiencies and submission for IRS approval.
- Review and redesign of numerous deferred compensation arrangements for compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
- Representation of employer-plan sponsors in audits of IRS and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Successful defense of IRS challenges to estate tax valuation.
- Drafting personal trusts and planning for family business succession
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Employee Benefits Committee, Member
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Estate Planning Council of Greater Miami, Board Member
- South Dade Estate Planning Councils, Member and Past President
- Children’s Home Society, Southeastern Division, Chair of the Board
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business: Ranked #1 in Tax, 2005-2016
- Florida Super Lawyers, selected for inclusion, 2006-2016
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Miami Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law Lawyer of the Year, 2012, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 1993-2017
- Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite, 2016
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers in South Florida - Labor & Employment, selected for inclusion, 2008-2017
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130