Drew M. Dillworth
Drew Dillworth is a Director and Shareholder of the Firm and is a member of the Business Restructuring Department. He represents parties involved in work-outs, debt restructuring, bankruptcy, insolvency and related commercial litigation matters. During the most recent severe economic crisis, Mr. Dillworth devoted a substantial amount of his practice to representing secured lenders in commercial mortgage foreclosure and related insolvency proceedings.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Dillworth serves as a court appointed fiduciary in bankruptcy proceedings. In this role, Mr. Dillworth is routinely involved in overseeing the wind-down of complex business enterprises, including: the sale of remaining assets; the investigation, development, and implementation of litigation strategy to recover funds for creditors holding unsatisfied claims and the analysis, reconciliation, and payment of claims held by creditors of the failed business.
- Lead counsel to secured creditor holding $55 million in mortgage liens against four anchored shopping centers located throughout the State of Florida in the bankruptcy cases styled In re Odyssey (III) DP XVII, LLC, et al., 8:10-18715-CPM (Jointly Administered) (Tampa, Florida). Negotiated structured settlement and sale of properties resulting in a net recovery in excess of the appraised market value of collateral.
- Lead counsel to public parent in the restructuring of $150.0 million in secured and unsecured debt and related obligations of its wholly-owned private home building subsidiaries.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the wind-down, investigation, and subsequent creditor recovery effort in connection with the multi-million Ponzi scheme in the bankruptcy case styled In re Royal West Properties, Inc., 09-20334-RAM (Miami, Florida).
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the operation and sale of two 1200 acre luxury golf and country club master plan communities located in Naples and Port St. Lucie, Florida, in cases styled In re Ginn-LA St. Lucie Ltd., LLLP, et al., 08-29769-PGH (Substantively Consolidated) (West Palm Beach, Florida).
- Lead counsel to chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee of real estate developer in the case styled In re Juan Puig, 07-15259-RAM (Miami, Florida).
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustee in the operation and sale of 144,000 square foot commercial office building in the cases styled In re Ocean Blue Leasehold Property, LLC, et al., 07-17999-AJC (Jointly Administered) (Miami, Florida).
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the operation and sale of wholesale pharmacy business in the bankruptcy case styled In re Unimed Best Services Corporation, 06-10602-LMI (Miami, Florida).
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the investigation and liquidation of two mass tort law firms in the bankruptcy cases styled In re The Robles Law Center, P.A., et al., 04-16685-RAM (Jointly Administered) (Miami, Florida).
- Counsel to the court appointed examiner, transaction examiner, and plan administrator in chapter 11 proceeding involving the $36 million sale of hospital and related medical care facilities in the bankruptcy cases styled Pan American Hospital Corporation, et al., 04-11819-AJC (Miami, Florida).
- Counsel to chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the liquidation of assets, prosecution of litigation claims, and reconciliation of approximately $20.0 million in claims against retail pharmacy enterprise in the bankruptcy cases styled In re Fedco, Inc., et al., 02-12605-AJC (Miami, Florida).
- Lead counsel to court appointed receiver in the connection with a fraudulent securities offering and associated cross-border Ponzi scheme in cases styled In re Starcash et al., 02-80456-CIV Middlebrooks/Vitunac (S.D. Florida).
- Counsel to secured lender in successful defense of multi-million dollar lien priority dispute under Uniform Commercial Code.
- Counsel to variety of debtors in successful chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization proceedings including: manufacturer of plastic films and vacuum pouch bags, office building operator, manufacturer of industrial asbestos-removal equipment, and luxury condominium developer.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar for the Southern District of Florida
- Panel of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees for the Southern District of Florida, Member
- Mr. Dillworth has consistently received recognition from peers in the following publications: Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business; The Best Lawyers in America®; Florida Super Lawyers; Florida Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition; Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite; and South Florida Guide
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130