Bayardo E. Alemán
Bayardo also counsels employers on day-to-day human resources issues. He frequently speaks and conducts trainings on labor & employment issues in English and Spanish. He is also a regular contributor to the firm’s labor and employment law blog, BeLabor the Point.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in state court for aerospace company in lawsuit brought by former employee claiming whistleblower status and alleging retaliation.
- Successfully secured dismissal of over 20 lawsuits arising out of the denial of health benefits claims.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in state court for healthcare company seeking to enforce non-competition agreement against former employee.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in federal court for educational institution in lawsuit brought by former employee alleging pregnancy discrimination.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in federal court for multinational bank in lawsuit brought by former temporary employee alleging sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment victory for international hotel in lawsuit alleging disability discrimination and retaliation by former employee.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in state court for national supermarket chain manager in lawsuit by former employee alleging tortious interference with a business relationship.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in state court for local hospitality client in lawsuit brought by former employee for unpaid wages following employee’s termination.
- Defends employers before federal, state, and local administrative enforcement agencies on a full range of employment related claims, including conducting internal investigations of discrimination and harassment claims.
- Pro bono: Representing Central American juvenile in obtaining permanent status visa for the United States.
- Defense Research Institute – Employment and Labor Law and Life, Health and Disability Committees
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Put Something Back, Pro Bono Project
- Lawyers for Children America, Inc.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida,” 2016
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130